Error message when editing content, Can't do anything!

I get this message when I go to edit a page in cornerstone:
Uh oh!
No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.

First I haven’t even started building a site yet, I simply loaded ethos 1, I deactivated every plugin and still got that message. What does that message mean? I just updated cornerstone and x theme so is this a bug?

Note: When I add a section nothing shows up in preview pane so I can’t do anything

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Uh oh!
No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.

It could mean that the page you are editing is the blog index (Posts Page) or a page that is using Layout - Portfolio. If you have created your own custom page template, there could be something on it that created this issue.

Please try to create another page or a post and use Cornerstone to edit it. If still nothing is working, please provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look.

Thank you in advance.

Mine is doing the same thing.

Hi @Cooper,

Please start a new thread and provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note. There could be many possible reason, and for the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

It does the same thing on a new page. I will create a secure note with my login

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the credentials. It turns out that you are using Ethos 1 demo content and there were settings in that demo that created the issue. I have resolved your issue by going to X > Theme Options > Ethos. I have selected to display “Random” post for the post carousel and the post slider. There is a known bug that when selecting featured, it does not display any contents if you do not have a featured post. I also deactivate the filterable index option since the category IDs does not apply to your set up.

Please check your site again.

1 Like

it works now thank you, Im glad to see the carousel at the top that was confusing me why it wasn’t there!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.