Error message using cornerstone with woo commerce shop page

Hi.
I keep having this error message when I try to edit my Shop page with cornerstone
A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.

The page is fully editable when de-activating woo commerce or if I use another page as the shop page. The new assigned page is then not working with cornerstone

Is there something I can do?

Also I want to know if I can get rid of the categories options on a page I created and using as the shop page. In woo commerce I have to assign to the page either the product list or the categories. I’m redirecting each product on the list to the product page with the page url, but there’s the categories listed on bottom of the page and I want to avoid that. possible?

Hi There,

This is how it works by default in wordpress. When we assigned a page as our shop page on Woocommerce Settings, it’s content is now controlled by a template. It cannot be edited using Cornerstone or any other page builder. This is the same with blog index page. As long as it is set as post page on Settings > Reading it’s content is already controlled by a template.

To edit the content of the shop page, you might need to copy the woocommerce template on your child theme. The file responsible is this template: wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\ethos\woocommerce.php. Copy that file on the same folder on your child theme and feel free to edit. You might need to create the folder on your child theme if it doesn’ exist.

Unfortunately, I am little confuse with this one:
Also I want to know if I can get rid of the categories options on a page I created and using as the shop page. In woo commerce I have to assign to the page either the product list or the categories. I’m redirecting each product on the list to the product page with the page url, but there’s the categories listed on bottom of the page and I want to avoid that. possible? If you could give us sample URL or screenshot, that would be better.

Hi. Thanks for the answer. I inserted the link on my previous message so you can see what I actually meant. It redirects on the shop page and you can see on the bottom the categories I wanna get rid of.

Hi There,

Please navigate to this link: http://bloomdesign.ch/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=products&section=display

Then select Show Products:

Hope it heps :slight_smile:

Hi. Thanks but I want to get rid of everything. I have recreated the products links and I want to remove the categories… basically I want to have nothing selected on the shop page display and default category display

Hi there,

You can simply add the CSS code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

.post-type-archive-product .products {
    display: none;
}

The code above will get rid of the 4 categories at the very bottom of the page.

Thank you.

Worked like a charm. Thank you

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile: