Error Message from Cornerstone

I, as many others after the last update, got the message “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading” instead of the preview when starting cornerstone. Obviously in my case the plugins of WPBakery Visual Composer and Yoast SEO prevent Cornerstone from working. This looks like a bug in cornerstone to me. And if I have to turn off the Visual Composer half of my website can’t be seen any longer (all the pages constructed with Visual Composer). And I simply need Yoast for the data. Please tell me what can be done to keep these plugins active AND use Cornerstone. Thank you!

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195 ) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Don’t forget to review the changelog and create full backup of your site before updating.

Thank you, Paul, for your message. I had to update Content Dock and my version of Contact Form 7 (still) is 4.9 (instead of 4.8 recommended in the update guide). However the problem has not changed at all. The preview still doesn’t work with Yoast SEO and Visual Composer activated. If I turn them off, everything’s fine, but naturally all pages composed with Visual Composer cannot be read any longer.
Any solution or a working update of X?
Best
Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

Can you try adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may add it before this line of code

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If that doesn’t help, kindly provide us your wp admin login and ftp in Secure Note.

Thanks

Hi Paul,
unfortunately, adding those 2 lines to the code didn’t change anything. The information you need is in secure note.

Hi the,

The reason it’s not working is because the response preview is a 404 page. Something is blocking the request and it could be one of the plugin. And since your site has too many plugins especially the security plugins, I’ll let you deactivate them before I continue checking. Sometimes disabling them could lock you out when it comes to security.

Please disable the security plugins, the redirect plugin, spam plugin, and the ajax related plugin as it could affect the ajax loading of the preview.

Or, let me do it but make sure to backup your site.

Thanks!

Yes Rad, it’s not that “it could be one of the plugins”: We know (!) already, that it is one of the plugins, because - as I wrote earlier, after having turned off all of the plugins and checking them one by one - I already identified the WP Bakery Visual Composer as the plugin that affects the preview of Cornerstone. Turn the VC-plugin on and the preview doesn’t work, turn it off and the Composer works. But since I need both the VC and Cornerstone, this insight doesn’t help much, does it? I need Cornerstone to work properly while VC is activated (there was no problem with that until the last X-update).
Do you still want to check all the plugins again and want me to turn off the security-plugins etc.?

Hi There,

We do support for both Cornerstone & Visual Composer plugins. Upon checking your error log, I see that you’re triggering a fatal error exceeding memory allocated when performing certain actions like loading Cornerstone editor. I have increased your PHP memory limit and then I was able to load Cornerstone with Visual Composer activated.

Thanks!