Error message, content text not showing in cornerstone

HI
This message appears: And I cannot do any work on cornerstone. Please help? Thanks

"This element could not render due to invalid template markup. This could be due to changes introduced by a third party plugin. The front end of your site should still function normally

Hello Corina,

Thanks for writing in!

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.3.8
- Cornerstone 3.3.8

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Do you have any 3rd party plugins installed? This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

And if still you are experiencing the same, maybe you are using a child theme and one of your template modifications broke the layout. Would you mind providing us your login credentials so we can log in to your site a check it. You can insert a secure note and add your credentials to make sure that only you and our staff can see the credentials. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

I have just sent a secure note. it is still not working after hVING DONE THE UPDATE
thanks

Hello Corina,

I have logged in and disabled all your caching plugin like Autoptimize and SG Optimizer plugin. Caching plugins are best to turn on when you are done editing or building your site. It can prevent you from seeing the changes right away in your front end because when they are active, they will serve old page cache.

Please edit your post now.

sorry but still the same text is there
This element could not render due to invalid template markup. This could be due to changes introduced by a third party plugin. The front end of your site should still function normally
and the actual content is not showing only when preview page it is there??

confused -thanks

also I see these plugins are still deactivated, when can I reactivate them again?

Hello Corina,

Please do not activate the plugins yet because your issue is not been resolve. Which of the pages/posts gives you the error? I have edit your homepage and I do not have any issues.

If you are trying to edit the blog index or the page assigned as your Posts Page and any page that uses the Layout - Portfolio page template, it will give you an error because you cannot edit these pages with Cornerstone or even the default WordPress editor.

Please let us know how it goes.

hi no it is a normal blog post 1st one on the list, South Africa with kids. It is still under draft. thanks for checking

HI, Ok so I had to delete the whole post I was nearly finishing and restart. This was the only way it worked.
PLEASE let me know regarding the plugins when I can reactivate them? thanks
C

Hey C,

I checked your first 3 posts and I didn’t see the “This element could not render due to invalid template markup” issue.

If this happens again, please give us the URL of the page along with a screenshot of the issue so that we know where the issue is.

You can activate your plugins now but if the issue reappears again, you should deactivate all plugins again and activate them one by one while checking each time if the issue is fixed. If you’ve identified the conflicting plugin, you should report it to the plugin developer.

Thanks.

hi you did not see them because I had to delete the whole post and restart, only then the issue did not returned.
regards C

Ok. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.