Error message about header and footer

Hi team, I just installed X-theme and seeing two error messages saying ‘Please fix your theme to make plug-ins work correctly. Go to theme editor and insert ‘…’ just before ‘head’ line of your themes header.php file’. the same error message also for my footer. I tried this in the ‘Stylesheet’ by pasting the the message in the first and last line but still receiving the error message. Im a newbie, please help.

Hi there,

Our theme does not have such a message and it must be something related to a 3rd party plugin. Kindly go to the plugins list on your WordPress installation and deactivate plugins one by one and see when the message will go away.

Also to add extra information to the header of our theme you do not need to change the header.php. You need to install a Child Theme and use the wp_head hook to add the code you want. For more information:

Hope it helps.

Thanks so much! It was the Ultimate social plug-in that was giving the error message.

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

how to use ultimate social plugin and get rid of those errors?

Hi @michaellanfield,

Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. This is a message I got from utlimate social plugin.

Thanks Michael, we’d like to help, but it’s a theme thing. The theme should have it, see https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development. Please reach out to your theme creator.

Hi,

I believe the error is regarding the adding of this code in the header <?php wp_head(); ?> and <?php wp_footer(); ?> in the footer.

That is a standard thing in theme development and has always been there in our theme.

You can verify that by checking these files.

wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\_header.php wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\global\_footer.php

wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\_header.php wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\global\_footer.php

The problem is, some plugins checker could not pick it up because of how the theme files are structured.
You may ignore the message, the plugin should still as is.

Thanks