Error issue

Hey Guys
what’s up.
I have a scary issue to report.

I am writing a post and since I had connectiivity issue I had to reload the page. In one of the sections that I had already saved before the content of the article disappeared and I found this message instead. (see attached)
(luckly I had a copy of the text which I will reload but that’s scary.

Can you tell me what it is and what did I do wrong? ( I haven’t updated my site to worpress 5 yet)

thanks
cheers
Isabella

Hello Isabella,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Usually you will get This element could not render message when there is a syntax error. If you have added any custom HTML on the page then please check the code in a HTML checker tool like https://htmlhint.io/1. That will quickly tell you if there’s a problem with your code.

In case problem is still there then kindly get back to us and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

OH mmm ok
for now I have deleted the section and upload a new one, but if the case would reappear I will follow your instructions
thanks
cheers
Isabella

You’re welcome, Isabella.

HEY THERE

It happened again. But following your instruction I am not sure how can I insert the HTML code if it desappeared, which is my issue.

Luckily the front end is working.
But I would love un understand if I made any mistake so that I won’t repeat it
I would really appreciate if you could help me
thanks a lot
cheers
Isabella

Hello Isabella,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and page in question. Further inspecting and validating using online validators I don’t see any major issues related with syntax. Please try out following solution and let us know how it goes.

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. After testing for plugin conflict, please clear W3 Total cache and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello there.
I have tried, I only kept cornerstone active otherwise I couldn’t see the back end and it was still giving me the same message.

any suggestion?
thanks a lot
cheers
Isabella

Hi Isabella,

I am another staff checking in! I have logged in to your site. I cleared the cache first and then edited the page in Cornerstone. I could not replicate any issues at all. The page was loading in Cornerstone successfully.

Please clear your plugin cache and then your browser cache and test your site again.

Hello there
unfortunately it’s still there, in sections 26 and 28.
thanks for your help
cheers

Hi Isabella,

Looks like the data is malformed and corrupted, I exported your page content as a template and imported it to my installations with the same result.

I’ll continue checking but I can’t promise any solution since the data are serialized. The fastest workaround would be re-creating that section and delete the faulty one.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad
can I copy and paste the text?
what made the data malformed and corrupted?
thanks for your help
cheers
Isabella

Hey Isabella,

We could not figure out what may have caused the malformed or corrupted the section. I have check your html code and it fine. It could be the builder or timed out or anything.

The best workaround is to recreate the section or row instead.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.