[Error] Failed to load resource - 404 Files on latest version X PRO

Hi guys,
I would like to understand why most of my X PRO Themes have 404 Warnings for the following files:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js.map

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (cs-body.js.map, line 0)

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map

I would like to clean the site from any warnings and errors.

Any help sis much appriciated.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please delete the theme folder and upload it via FTP?
There might be issue during update. Some of file may not upload/updated properly. Or server may blocking the file to load.
You can check the server setting with your server provider if there is some setting to block JS.

Hope this fixes your issue!

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

I’ve done it. Deleted Pro folder, and uploaded the latest one. Cleared all cache and the same warnings showing up.

The first line is related to x.js.map Which is not inside the wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map

Next one is cs-body.js.map

The cs-body.js exist in the folder but your string referencing to .map, therefore, it’s giving me 404 not found.

My server 100% is not blocking js.

Hi There @rafalkukla

Those errors that you’re referring are just missing source-maps. They are requested by developer tools (especially in Safari) when possible, but won’t interfere with anything.

Basically it’s a way to map a combined/minified file back to an unbuilt state. When you build for production, along with minifying and combining your JavaScript files, you generate a source map which holds information about your original files. When you query a certain line and column number in your generated JavaScript you can do a lookup in the source map which returns the original location.

Please check out this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550060/how-do-i-toggle-source-mapping-in-safari-7/19823890#19823890

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Hi There,

Me too are having the same issue with a couple of .map files on my server. I have downloaded the latest version of Pro and X (using a multisite, so need both) and on all sites it keeps returning with 404 errors. I am currently trying to get the CPU-Usage of our server down and therefor want to get rid of all 404 errors on the network. Themeco and Pro are responsible for 95% of my 404 errors at the time, having over 1000 error hits in one week alone! I cannot find these files anywhere, bute really want them badly. Could you maybe provide a link where I can download these .map files? Or send them to me?

Here’s the error list:
PRO
/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js.map 317 -
/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js.map 293 -
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map 293 -
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js 18
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/renew.css 18
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/css/dist/site/woocommerce/renew.css 18
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js 18
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2 18
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff 18

X
/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js.map 278 -
/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js.map 277 -
/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/site/x.js.map 277 -

Many thanks for your promt reply!

Hi @maxpage91,

You should ignore them since you’re not debugging your site at all, and the debugging is exclusive to our developers only that’s why there are no source maps. And those source maps 404 errors are only visible when the browser developer’s console is opened. Please check this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18610098/how-to-use-source-map-to-find-minification-error

You can confirm that by using any online tools that check your site’s resources, example https://tools.pingdom.com/. Let us know if you’ll see source map’s 404 there.

Those source map 404 errors have no effect on the performance of your site, and most visitors don’t open their developer console everytime they visit your sites, unless, again, they are developer and they are debugging your site.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.