Error. cornerstone + woocommerce

Hi. I’ve looked for a solution, but I have not found it. I have X theme installed, with cornerstone and woocommerce. When I want to edit the page SHOP with cornerstone appears the message “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” and cornerstone tools do not appear. Dashboard does not appear cornerstone either. Help please

Hello,

Thanks for writing in! The shop page is dynamically generated ny Woocommerce. The masonry grid is displayed by a template within X. So you cannot edit it in Cornerstone. Whatever content you may have in that page will just be replaced by Woocommerce and its template.

Basically Woocommerce shop page doesn’t pull the content from the page editor, instead, it uses woocommerce product template located in woocommerce template directory wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/archive-product.php some of these files are modified by X inside wp-content/themes/x/woocommerce/.

Which means customizing the shop page needs php code development, you can either edit the php files for customizing the shop page or use woocommerce “HOOKS” on your child theme fucntion.php to add additional content on your shop page http://docs.woothemes.com/document/hooks/

If you want a custom shop page, the easiest thing to do is to create a page and use woocommerce shortcode to display the products.

You can find more information about woocommerce shortcode from there documentation

Hope this explain it briefly.

1 Like

Thanks. I am going to try

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: