Error Code

Hello Support,

I just purchased the X theme and each time I install it and activate it, I get the following error:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/definition.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (D:/InetPub/vhosts//icidaafrica.org;C:\Windows\Temp) in D:\InetPub\vhosts\nnnnn\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\cornerstone\includes\classes\classic\elements\class-element-orchestrator.php on line 218

Please help me check what could be wrong so that I can resolve it on time

Regards

Hi @buffstical,

Thanks for writing in.

Please try to reinstall your cornerstone and X theme.

Contact also your hosting and ask if you have the version equal or greater 5.6.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

My PHP Version is set to 7.0.24 and I have reinstall the theme severally but same issue, as regard the cornerstone, I can;t find any plugin called cornerstone in the extension folder.

Please your advise is still needed.

Thanks

Hi There,

Please login to your server via FTP, navigate to this directory \wp-content\plugins\cornerstone\includes\classes\classic\elements\class-element-orchestrator.php save a backup of that file and then open/edit it. On line 218 you’ll see this line:

if ( file_exists( $filename ) ) {

Add an @ symbol in front of the file_exists function, then save.

if ( @file_exists( $filename ) ) {

If that does not work, please contact your hosting provider to fix and allow open_basedir.

Thanks,

Hi Friech,

Thank you for the assistance, I have tried your suggestion and this has reduced the error drastically.

I only see the error message on some menu at the admin page like one the sub menu under X and another sub menu under Appearances

I contacted my host and they said open_basedir is enabled, what could now be happening?

I await your response

Thank you

Hello There,

What you are seeing is just a Warning. It displays because debug mode is enabled. Could you please disable the debug mode instead? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding this:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing the warning message.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @RueNel

That line is already in the wp-config.php file and the issue remains

Kindly assist

Thanks

Hi there,

This issue seems to be caused by your local server.

Kindly go over this thread for some suggestions:

Hope this helps.

Hello

I have been able to remove the error message by adding my codes to turn off the error message

Everything is fine now, to another matter, what License key will I enter for Envira Gallery?

Thanks

Hi There,

Sorry, you’re having that issue, that is actually a known bug. If you installed the bundled Envira Gallery (or any plugin) from X > Overview > Extensions it should not ask validation.

You can ignore that notice for now, or if you want to hide it please follow the solution provided here.

Thanks,

Thank you for all the assistance

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.