Erase footer content

Hi,
my website shows a footer, even though I have disabled the footer widget areas in the Dashboard and in the theme options.

Can you please help me to remove the footer?

Thank you

Hi Lea,

Please go to the Footer Settings in the Theme Options then disable everything.

Once disabled, save the settings and when the settings is saved, try refreshing the page.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I did that already, and it didn’t help.

Hey Lea,

I tested the above settings in my local setup and it does remove the footer when both Footer Widget Areas and Bottom Footer is turned off. You might be having the cache issue, please clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.f you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Another way to disable a footer is to choose a No Footer Page Template e.g Blank - Container | Header, No Footer (see screenshot)

Let us know how this goes!

Hi,

thank you. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to be the problem. I have already chosen the same Page Template. And I have no caching plugin and no CDN.

Can you login to my account to make changes?

Hi Lea,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to your website. Please kindly give the information below:

• URL of the WordPress Dashboard Admin
  • Username
  • Password
  • URL of teh page that you can not remove the footer of.

Please use the Secure Note to add the information above.

One last thing that I will appreciate if you check is that if the Footer is indeed part of the Widget? Maybe the Footer that you mean is part of the page using the Cornerstone plugin, and it is one of the Sections.

Thank you.

No it is not part of a section.

Hi Lea,

Thank you for providing the login information. I checked the homepage, and indeed the footer is a section. It is Section 10 on the page:

The other section which is below the section that I mentioned is the ShareDaddy plugin, which is part of the Jetpack Sharing functionality, and it is related to WordPress.com and not our theme. You need to contact the WordPress.com support to know why it shows that way.

To give you a clue, it might be possible that you did not close an HTML tag if you added any kind of custom HTML code in the builder, which might cause the sharing option go at the bottom of the screen. But we are not the correct people to judge, and this is outside of our support scope. You need to contact the WordPress.com support as Jetpack is part of their production chain.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.