Envira Thumbnails Not Updating

Hi,
We have several Envira galleries on our site (our site is based on the Renew stack), and they have a problem where if an image is replaced, the thumbnail won’t update.

For example, on https://cyberpro.nextcomputing.com/cyberpro/ the second thumbnail image shows our product with a screenshot from an older version of the software. I replaced the old image, and if you click that thumbnail, the new image will show in the lightbox, but it doesn’t match the thumbnail you just clicked.

I’ve tried using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin; no change. I’ve tried creating a new gallery with the same images and settings, but it still shows the old thumbnail.

The only thing I can think of is that Envira generated separate cropped thumbnails when I created the gallery (in the gallery settings I had selected “Crop Images” so the thumbnails are all the same width and height) in this case resulting in the thumbnail file “cyberpro-quarter-right-640x480_c.jpg.” And now it seems that neither Wordpress or Envira will update that thumbnail.

Can someone help me figure out how to regenerate this thumbnail? Thanks!

Hello @jhoysradt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

• Please take a look at following article for some help. Please make sure to clear cache.
  • You can also try testing for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you for the resources. There isn’t a solution for my specific problem at the Envira site, nor has turning off plugins seemed to fix the issue, but it could be attributed to the gallery being created in an older version of Envira. As a workaround, I’ve recreated the gallery with slightly different image size settings, which makes Envira build new thumbnails. This has fixed the issue, I’ll just have to keep an eye out for it happening again on future updates.

Glad to hear it’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.