Envira Gallery stopped working, does not show images

I am using the X Theme (latest version). I had set up an Envira Gallery a while ago that worked fine. I recently added a new gallery to use in a Portfolio page, but it does not work. When I add the short code to the page I do not see any images or thumbs although where the images should be it is clickable, and the images will open in lightbox.

If I go back to the Envira gallery plugin page the galleries I have already created now have no images and the settings have disappeared so are not editable.

I have checked all plugins, disabled and reenabled but nothing changes. I am on latest version of WordPress and the theme.

Any idea’s please.

See page here

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

Could you please try updating the Envira Gallery plugin to the latest version?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi

I have version 1.7.1 installed, please confirm what the latest version is and also how do I update this plug as there does not seem to be a way to do this.

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi There,

I can see the Javascript error in the console log.

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it still doesn’t work, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hi, many thanks

I have checked all plugins and its still the same. Details as requested in the secure note.

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

There’s a syntax error:

The error is pointing directly to Envira and not on any other plugins. From the documentation here, the resolution is to update PHP version. Can you confirm that you are using lower version of PHP? If yes, try to update as suggested. Let us know how this goes.

Hi

It was running 5.6, I have now changed to 7.2 as recommened by WordPress. Should there be any settings enabled other than the standard PHP default items ticked?

It has made no difference to the gallery, BTW.

Regards Gary

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? Maybe there is an internal error. The issues Envira setting isn’t saving, the row height and margins option remains empty, and with empty values the error Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token , will appear. This line

.enviraJustifiedGallery({ rowHeight : , maxRowHeight: -1, waitThumbnailsLoad: true, selector: '> div > div', lastRow: 'nojustify', border: 0, margins: , });}

is supposed to be like this

.enviraJustifiedGallery({ rowHeight : 150 , maxRowHeight: 150, waitThumbnailsLoad: true, selector: '> div > div', lastRow: 'nojustify', border: 0, margins: 1, });}

Thanks!

Thank you

Details added

Hey There,

The given ftp is not working for us. Could you please double check it?

Thank you.

Weird, I have tried them again in FileZilla and they work ok.

Hello There,

I have logged in and re install the plugin manually.

I went in your gallery and I see no images.

So I created another gallery and a test page. I am still experiencing the same issue. I went back to my test gallery and the image is now gone. This issue could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I will try this.

Youhave experienced exactly the issue. It has only started happening recently.

I will try the plug ins and report back.

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi, No joy, all plug ins disabled, I created a new gallery and still the same issue.

Its very strange as it did work until recently.

Ok, so I have reinstalled both X & Cornerstone but now it seems the whole site is broken. I cannot see cornerstone and I have errors about parent theme missing.

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi there,

Your cornerstone is corrupted, I re-installed it and it’s now up again. The issue is still the same, Envira setting won’t save and it causes javascript error. Adding images to existing gallery isn’t working either, have you tried Essential Grid?

We’ll continue checking but we can’t guarantee possible solution as this could be related to host environment. You may use Essential Grid for now.

Thanks!

Hi

I have looked at Essential Grid, however Envira Gallery has what I need. Essentail Grid seems more complicated and does not seem to give the desired effect.

Would be much apreciated if a solution to this could be found.

Regards Gary

Hi there,

This is a very strange case and unfortunately, we could not find the cause of the problem. We are out of options here but my last suggestion will be this to at least narrow down the problem cause for your further investigation:

1. Disable the Cornerstone and the X theme and add the Envira Gallery Shortcode to a normal Wordpress editor. If it is still not working then the problem seems not to be the conflict with our theme.

2. Using the FTP I uploaded the version of Envira Gallery which is working correctly on my local installation. Please activate the Envira Gallery plugin and check the case.

3. Move your website to another test server, or your local machine and test the case. If it is working then there is something off on your hosting service provider and I will suggest that you consider using our hosting.

4. Follow the debugging steps in the official Envira Gallery documentation: https://enviragallery.com/docs/debugging-envira/

Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to offer regarding this case. Thank you for your understanding.

Ok Thank you.

Could there be any chance its to do with this error in the themes section?

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete.
Name Description
X – Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “x” parent theme.

If I try to install it I get this error.

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

This theme requires a parent theme. Checking if it is installed…

The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, x, before you can use this child theme.

I have X installed, although it may be due to updating as per a previous sugesstion. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

I can see the issue. Parent theme might be corrupted too. I tried to login your server using Filezilla and it is not working. I got this error:

Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server

To fixed that error on the theme, please try manual update. Go to this folder wp-content/themes/. Remove existing X theme folder. Then see this guide for manual update.

Hope this helps.

Hi, the templates are now back working correctly.

I have since downloaded the Envira lite plugin from the WordPress plugin site and it works perfectly (Version 1.6.2) so the issue is defiantly with the supplied bundled plugin and/or theme. I hope you find a solution as I really like the Envira gallery and it did work fine until recent updates.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Regards Gary