Envira Gallery stopped working, does not show images

Hi, No joy, all plug ins disabled, I created a new gallery and still the same issue.

Its very strange as it did work until recently.

Ok, so I have reinstalled both X & Cornerstone but now it seems the whole site is broken. I cannot see cornerstone and I have errors about parent theme missing.

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi there,

Your cornerstone is corrupted, I re-installed it and it’s now up again. The issue is still the same, Envira setting won’t save and it causes javascript error. Adding images to existing gallery isn’t working either, have you tried Essential Grid?

We’ll continue checking but we can’t guarantee possible solution as this could be related to host environment. You may use Essential Grid for now.

Thanks!

Hi

I have looked at Essential Grid, however Envira Gallery has what I need. Essentail Grid seems more complicated and does not seem to give the desired effect.

Would be much apreciated if a solution to this could be found.

Regards Gary

Hi there,

This is a very strange case and unfortunately, we could not find the cause of the problem. We are out of options here but my last suggestion will be this to at least narrow down the problem cause for your further investigation:

1. Disable the Cornerstone and the X theme and add the Envira Gallery Shortcode to a normal Wordpress editor. If it is still not working then the problem seems not to be the conflict with our theme.

2. Using the FTP I uploaded the version of Envira Gallery which is working correctly on my local installation. Please activate the Envira Gallery plugin and check the case.

3. Move your website to another test server, or your local machine and test the case. If it is working then there is something off on your hosting service provider and I will suggest that you consider using our hosting.

4. Follow the debugging steps in the official Envira Gallery documentation: https://enviragallery.com/docs/debugging-envira/

Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to offer regarding this case. Thank you for your understanding.

Ok Thank you.

Could there be any chance its to do with this error in the themes section?

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete.
Name Description
X – Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “x” parent theme.

If I try to install it I get this error.

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

This theme requires a parent theme. Checking if it is installed…

The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, x, before you can use this child theme.

I have X installed, although it may be due to updating as per a previous sugesstion. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

I can see the issue. Parent theme might be corrupted too. I tried to login your server using Filezilla and it is not working. I got this error:

Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server

To fixed that error on the theme, please try manual update. Go to this folder wp-content/themes/. Remove existing X theme folder. Then see this guide for manual update.

Hope this helps.

Hi, the templates are now back working correctly.

I have since downloaded the Envira lite plugin from the WordPress plugin site and it works perfectly (Version 1.6.2) so the issue is defiantly with the supplied bundled plugin and/or theme. I hope you find a solution as I really like the Envira gallery and it did work fine until recent updates.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

We should get the same issue if it’s related to the theme or cornerstone. Plus, the issue is with the functionality within Envira features which aren’t related to the theme.

I created a sample grid and it works, looks like your existing grid’s data is corrupted. Please try re-creating them, we don’t have control of how Envira processed their data so we couldn’t really dive deeply into its core troubleshooting.

http://architecturesurrey.co.uk/wp_arch/x-test/

Thanks!

Hi, You created a test gallery with the Envita Lite plug, not the bundled plugin which is what I really need working. If I deactivate the Envira Lite plugin and activate the bundled version your gallery does not show. So as I said the issue has to be with the bundled version of the plugin not working. I have tried V1.71 and the previous bundled plugin and get the same results, images do not show, only a link, where the image does show in lightbox.

Could it be this version of the plugin in not compatible with X, cornerstone or latest WordPress. I would prefer not to have to go out and spend money on a plugin that I already have with this theme.

Thanks

Gary

Hi there,

Oh, I see, you have two Envira gallery plugin which probably using the same table and database, and that breaks the other one. I recommend doing a clean installation of Envira gallery by removing its existing tables. Why do you use the lite version?

For now, please do a fresh installation of bundled Envira Gallery. There should be no existing data or tables from Lite version.

Thanks!

Hi, Because of all the issue’s I have had with the bundled plugin not working I decided to test install the standard Envira Lite version just to see if that worked correctly, which it does, as you saw when you created a test gallery.

The bundled version supplied with X does not work with my set up. I do not want to use the lite version as most of the features do not work, I simply wanted to know if it worked.

I will now unistall it.

Gary

Thank you for your cooperation, Gary. Let us know how it goes.

This is so frustrating.

I have deleted all Envira plugins, data, galleries, images etc. I have checked the DB for any signs. I have reinstalled V1.7.1 from the X dashboard still the same. No thumbnails appear in the page/post created and all data/settings are lost when you go back to the Envira plugin.

How come Envira’s lite version works ok but this bundled version does not? As yours come with extra features I’d prefer to use this.

Are there any hosting side programs, coding etc I need? I am using latest PHP.

This plugin worked perfectly until recent theme/wordpress updates.

Many Thanks Gary

Hi there,

This issue is isolated to your setup, we do update our sites too and we don’t have this issues with Envira, plus, I can’t find similar thread caused by updates.

I checked the error logs and looks like the Envira config is not being initialized properly, and there are deprecated functions from the theme and cornerstone.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.create-function.php
This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 7.2.0. Relying on this function is highly discouraged.

I checked your PHP version and it’s 7.2.0, could you try a PHP version lower than that, but shouldn’t be lower than 5.6. It’s a way updated and some functionalities aren’t applicable on that very latest version which was released last November and there are no script updates to match that version as of yet.

Thanks!

Ok will do, thank you very much for your help.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

It didn’t work, I had previously been advised to update my PHP from a lower version earlier in this thread.

I have contacted Envira and will be looking at purchasing direct. The demo (lite version) direct from Envira works perfectly, it just lacks in features. Shame that your version is not working for me.

Thanks
for help

Hi there,

The version we include is untouched and is what the Envira Gallery developers give us. Actually we will appreciate if you contact them and find the problem cause share that with us here so we can communicate wit our other customers.

Thank you for your contribution.

sure I can do that.

Thank you and please let us know how it goes.