Envira Gallery not working in Firefox

Hi there. Client experiencing a number of issues with envira gallery. Difficult to pinpoint as issues are intermittent but lightbox not consistent. However, one thing is consistent and that is the display of the gallery in Firefox (61.0.2) which only shows one image per row, despite gallery columns set to automatic. Having tested this it appears the issue only arises when gallery images are over 40 but this is clearly a problem as client wants to have 40+ images!

Gallery at https://www.amandaearlcakes.com/wedding-cake-portfolio/

Site running WP 4.9.8, X theme 6.2.5, Cornerstone 3.2.5 and Envira 1.8.3 with PHP memory limit set to 512M

Help appreciated.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I checked your site and I experienced that issue you described in Firefox. Would you mind removing the script HTML inside the Custom JS in your page as that is causing a script error.

If that does not help, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that does not help, please keep the third party plugins deactivated and give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note.

If that could not be done in your live site, please copy your site to a development or staging server so we could troubleshoot while your live site continues to operate.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the prompt response. I removed the following from custom JS in x-theme options…

Which I know doesn’t correspond precisely with your screenshot but does relate to the same plugin! Unsurprisingly, no change to the gallery in Firefox.

Sorry but I don’t know where to locate (and remove) the script causing the error. Could you please point me in the right direction?

I did deactivate all plugins but the error persisted.

Regards,

Dave

Sorry, just realised forum won’t accept script. Here’s the custom JS I removed…

Hi,

It seems to be an issue with firefox browser. It’s a similar issue with this thread

We’ll report this to the plugin developer for review.

Thanks

Many thanks for the response.

I mentioned in my initial request that there were a number of issues with Envira Gallery but difficult to show you as they were intermittent. Well, one such issue has just arisen on https://www.amandaearlcakes.com/sugar-flowers/ whereby clicking a thumb doesn’t load lightbox.

Client has found if she changes the image size in Envira Gallery > Configuration > Image size and then changes back, the lightbox works but, obviously, this isn’t a long term solution.

She’s left it as it is so you can hopefully see the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi @riflebird,

What I’m seeing from the grid are just images while lightbox works on links. Hence, the image should be wrapped with links. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials so I could check the setting?

Thanks!

Think I’ve just sent you login via secure note. Let me know if not!

Oddly, both the sugar flowers gallery and the cake gallery (portfolio) have identical settings and this issue of dropping links appears to be quite random.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi @riflebird,

Both the grid doesn’t have any lightbox on my end.

But I checked and confirmed the issue, and it’s weird, the workaround, for now, is turning off lightbox option and turn it on again and save it. This seems to be related to database caching or issue as the saved data reverts back to OFF.

Lightboxes are now working with proper links.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, Rad.

Any other solution? Asking client to reset every time the gallery stops working isn’t really an option.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi @riflebird,

Unfortunately, there is no available solution and this is only specific to your site. It’s not happening on other sites or my other installations. As I said, it could be related to database caching or similar in which affecting the saved data, which may be connected to the host environment.

How about cloning your site to another host as staging? Just to confirm the issue. Please check this https://colorlib.com/wp/10-plugins-duplicate-clone-wordpresss/, I recommend All in one migration plugin for cloning and migration.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.