Envira gallery not working / fatal error after latest update to X version 6.0.4

Hi there,

Since updating X theme recently, my envira gallery plugin has stopped working. I get this fatal error message when trying to view my gallery page (which has nothing else on it besides the envira gallery)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/benchma4/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 209

It’s also preventing my site from being able to update changes on other pages. When I disable envira everything goes back to normal but my gallery page is obviously not visable then.

I have the latest version of wordpress and all other plugins and themes, including cornerstone. Any idea why this is happening? I’ve spent 2 days trying to fix it, have talked through the issue with my hosting provider, all to no avail. Please can someone help me asap?

Appreciate it, thank you
J

Hey J,

The error points to max execution time limit. Try increasing it to 120 or preferably, 600. Please see this article for the different methods to achieve that. If that does not help, please ask your host if they allow increasing the max execution time or ask them to increase it for you.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, my hosting provider has already increased the limit to 600 and we even tried 3000, we also tried updating the php version to 5.6 and none of it has worked, now all I get is a blank page that won’t display the envira gallery (no error message) so I am still stuck with no solution. Is there something else it could be?

I have also tried deleting envira and re-installing, re-creating my galleries to be much smaller than the original, and it still will not load. No page with any envira gallery on it will even save or refresh. Everything was working fine until the latest update to X so it makes me think its something to do with that. The gallery itself is no bigger but all of a sudden it wont save or load.

Any clues?

Cheers
J

Hi J,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi there,

Actually the fact that now there is a white screen and not the error which you have reported originally, shows that the original error is gone, and there is a new error now.

But this time it seems there is a problem as whenever you see a blank white page it shows that there is an error under the hood which is not showing. You need to enable the WordPress debug mode to make sure you see the actual error. Please read the article below to know how to do so:

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Besides the point above I should mention that the Envira gallery is working with no problem in at least 3 installations that I have and many other customers that use the plugin, so it is 100% a problem on your installation or environment.
I suggest that you press more on your hosting service provider and ask them to check their error log to find the new error which is causing the blank page and follow up on the necessary server settings updates to accommodate with the prerequisites of the plugin.

Finally, kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.