Envira gallery not visible after migration

Hi,
I changed the url of the site and after that envira gallery is not showing, neither cornerstone when adding a new post?
I can manage the galleries but when publishing nothing shows? I’ve tried to fix the broken migration in settings but it comes back with - o galleries fixed?

Hi @AnneLiljenberg,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mean you did some URL replacements through the database? Else, please provide more information about how you replace them. This action could harm any serialize data in a database which leads to data corruption and instead of fixing it, it will break it more.

I recommend restoring your site right before you did the URL replacement then we’ll check there what’s wrong to see what’s needed to be replaced. Maybe the primary issue is the broken migration.

Then please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note so we could check it. And the exact URL where the gallery is broken :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Actually we moved the page to another port on the server, the page hasnt been published yet but when doing so of course the links needed to be updated as well as the images. I have done so, time consuming but no problem but when it comes to envira gallery, nothing worked so I started to do new galleries thinking that that would work but unfortunaltely it didnt. I could se the galleries when logged in, but from another browser, not logged in to wp, it wasnt visible. Now I erased envira gallery thinking that maybe if I installl it again that would fix everything, but now the X-page with addons looks really strange and I cant install anyting?!

should I update X-theme to the newest version?

Hi,

WordPress and plugins including Envira gallery stores many options as “serialized data”, which contains both the string content of things and their length. So when you modify the URL and the length changes, then the serialized data is no longer correct, and PHP rejects it.

Serialization has become a standard in many programming languages. The problem with serialization is data portability. Let’s see an example of serialized data in PHP:

a:2:{i:0;s:67:"http://my-old-domain.com/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/style.css";i:1;s:0:"";}

If you change your domain, replacing it is not enough. If the old and new domain don’t have the same number of characters, and you search and replace the domain URLs in your database, you could get in trouble and corrupt your content data.

There’s no way to update serialized arrays using just MySQL queries. You need to use PHP, load the arrays, find the values, replace them and serialize back. That’s very tedious and error prone, but there are several tools that help you doing the hard job. My recommendation is to use a plugin that does the complete migration for you. WP Migrate DB, Duplicator, or All-in-One WP Migration are some examples of good plugins for this task, and they take care of replacing the serialized arrays.

For more information, please refer to the link below.

After fixing this issue, you may update your theme and plugins to latest versions.

Thanks

1 Like

Ok but the migration has been done, how do I get envira gallery back and up and running?

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.