Envira Gallery Lightbox Stopped Working

I have been using Envira for some time now with excellent results. Today I started to add some galleries to my site and the Lightbox is no longer working for any of my galleries. The image pops up full screen but without the bounding box and the controls forcing the user to use the back arrow to return. I have cleared the browser cache, am not using a cache on the site and it behaves the same in Safari and Chrome. The URL is hardimanimages.com. I will add credentials in a private post. Jim

For Info, did some additional “debugging”. When I deactivated Essential Grid, the lightbox returned to normal function. So I regressed Essential Grid to version 2.1.6.2.2 from 2.2.2 and the lightbox now works. There seems to be a conflict with the latest version on Essential grid that you have supplied.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for the report, I’ll add this to our issue tracker. I’m able to confirm this issue on my installation.

Thanks!

I’m having the same problem as the original post. Question: if I delete version 2.2.2 of essential grid and redownload version 2.1.6.2.2 from the x extensions page, will I lose all of the grids I’ve already made? Is there a way to regress to version 2.1.6.2.2 without losing all my grids?

@hardimanja How did you regress to the older version of Essential Grid? Sorry if this is a basic question. I’m having a hard time finding the answer.

Hello @nwmc,

Thanks for updating this thread. Please do not delete it in your WordPress dashboard plugins section. You will have to manually delete it by logging in to your ftp and browse to the plugins folder usually in wp-content/plugins/. Find the essential grid folder and delete it.

You may have an older copy of the plugin prior to the update. You can use it to revert to the older version.

Hope this helps.

I had a previous version saved and replaced the new version through FTP.

Hey There,

Thanks for responding in!

@nwmc:
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

Where di I find the older version?

Regards
Lennart

Hi there,

Do you have backup copies? I recommend restoring it from your backup since it’s the setup that works on your site.

Thanks!

This has been going on for a while now so I don’t have any good back-up.
I have version 1.7.2.

Lennart

Hello @webbmastersbc,

Is that the version your backup?

I suggest you create a separate ticket and add the full details of your issue there. Your version of Essential Grid is a very old one, and I think there are plugins that might be the cause of whatever the issue is.

Also, please don’t forget to add your Wordpress & FTP URL/User/Pass in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for posting - your are right… deactivating Essential Grid worked.

You’re welcome, @KarenCooper.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.