Envira Gallery License Notice

Upgraded to latest version of X today on one site and got the following notice at the top of all pages: “No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.”

It is persistent and there seems no way of turning off the notification - well, other than buying a license.

There is not cache plugin installed. The existing galleries are showing fine, but I haven’t tried to add anything new.

1 Like

Didn’t checked this solution, but you can temporary disable all notifications, until it’s fixed.

Insert the following code the functions.php file of your active theme. This code disables all the updates notifications regarding plugins, themes & WordPress completely.

function remove_core_updates(){
global $wp_version;return(object) array('last_checked'=> time(),'version_checked'=> $wp_version,);
}
add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_core','remove_core_updates');
add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_plugins','remove_core_updates');
add_filter('pre_site_transient_update_themes','remove_core_updates');

I’m noticing the same thing. Hope for a proper fix at some point :slight_smile:

Having the same problem. I tried to add a new gallery and it seems that Envira Gallery is giving errors now. Pages not loading properly on the backend. Difficult to add new content etc.

I have the same problem, quit frustrating.
Got this message:
“No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.”

Same issue for me too, with the persistent Envira gallery notification. I also haven’t been able to add/edit a new gallery, not sure if anyone else has had this but every time I try to make changes on an unpublished gallery draft or try to save it Wordpress glitchs out - the whole dashboard page crashes and it takes five minutes or so to be able to log back in. I have clients waiting for their photos to be on my site so really hoping this gets looked at soon.

If anyone had any ideas about this the page lists error HTTP 500, screenshots attached.

1 Like

I’m having this problem after updating X Theme for my clients.

Where can I find the License when the Envira Gallery was included in my purchase of X Theme?

I’ve got the exact same problem and have a heap of galleries to finish. Apparently X are working on a fix. However you might find what I’ve found useful at a pinch. I’ve discovered I can add a new gallery or make changes to existing ones. It crashes and gives HTTP 500 Error when I update. But if I empty cache (I have WP Super Cache on this particular site and it gives a one-click toolbar button that’s accessible from the front end) and then return to Envira the galleries are in fact saved fine. It’s an absolute pain but if you are in a hurry it might work for you. I have found i can edit and save my meta information on the images and that works ok and doesn’t crash it.

Same problem for me. Hoping for a fix soon.

same problem for me

Cheers @AppellaGW i’ll give that a crack

1 Like

Same here!!

Same here. Has anyone heard back from staff about a fix?

I have this problem too. Shouldn’t the license be included with X Theme when the plugin was included with X Theme?

1 Like

Same here. I’m also getting a fatal error when trying to delete images from the Media Library in Chrome (MacOS 61.0.3163.100). I’m not seeing this error in Safari.

1 Like

I have the same issue! Hoping for a fix soon!

Same issue as well, increased the memory to 256 and still getting the 500 error.

Hey guys,

I could replicate the issue on my end so this looks like a bug. Please ignore the notification or disable WordPress updates for now.

@ariane, @sc8tty, @AppellaGW and @bjmiller,

This thread is about the license notification issue and not internal server error. Though there’s currently a bug with that, please do not mix issues as this causes confusion not only to your fellow users but for us support members too.

@AppellaGW, thanks for sharing. When updating, you should always clear all caches. @sc8tty and @bjmiller, please do the same and also try working on incognito mode. If that doesn’t help, please try the following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, open your own separate thread and give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel in a Secure Note and post a link to this thread for reference that you already tried what I suggested.

Thanks.

I’m still seeing the license notice after applying the latest updates to X and cornerstone as of today. Was this not part of the issues fixed?

1 Like

I’m also still seeing the notice after the latest upgrade.