Envira Gallery - License Key Validation Not working

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a paid version of Envira Gallery. The issue I keep having though is that validation key submit area is hidden and thus I cannot validate the plugin. After doing some of the debugging steps requested by Envira gallery, I noticed I have NO issues when the theme is switched to Twenty Seventeen or the regular X-theme. It shows up no problem.

When I am using PRO it does not appear due to the CSS for this class having the following attributes:

#envira-settings-key-box {
display: none;
}

Regardless, even when I change that CSS via the inspector and it suddenly appears, when I try submit the key, nothing happens. It does not recognize the key.

I also noticed in the console area had the following errors:

Additionally, I have uninstalled the free version of the plugin and reinstalled the paid version of the base plugin but there was no change.

Can you tell me why this is happening?

I did notice another thread that had a snippet to make it appear and it did work to make it appear but it still does not verify the license key when I click validate.

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for writing in! Since you already made the necessary changes to be able to validate your paid Envira Gallery, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello, RueNel,

Thank you for your willingness to look into this deeper. I myself am wondering why this is occuring only for me.

Please See Secure Note

Hey Joseph,

It looks like you haven’t posted your site access yet. I don’t see a secure note attached to one of your Please check. Also, please include your Envira Gallery license so we could try validating and so we could see if our theme is causing this validation issue.

Thanks.

Hello Christian,

I did attach a secure not to my previous post. Nevertheless I attempted to validate the envira gallery license today and it worked! I am wondering if Envira did something on their end because I put in a support ticket. But it appears all is well on this matter!

Hey Joseph,

Glad it’s now working. Something must have been cleared up on the server side of your web host and Envira Gallery’s that fixed the issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.