Envira Gallery issues

Hi,

Recently experiencing some issues with Envira Galleries.

Images do not close in gallery as mentioned in this recent thread.

I deactivated Slider Revolution, which luckily wasn’t used on this site, and this problem (closing images in lightbox) went away.
Pretty sure it is a Slider Revolution issue.
Unfortunately, we have a few other sites with both plugins and I’m afraid to go look :scream:

Also unable to remove titles from showing on images/thumbnails pointer hover.

I had used this js code in the recent past and it worked to remove titles on hover, but seems not to anymore.

jQuery(".envira-gallery-image, .envira-gallery-link").attr(“title”, “”);

Hi,

I’ve tested this issue with:

Slider Revolution plugin version 5.4.7.4
Envira Gallery plugin version 1.8.2.1

and I didn’t encounter this issue, both versions listed above are the latest supported versions as mentioned in https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Please check if you have these exact versions .

There are a couple of options in Revolution Slider that you could try to disable them and recheck this issue, one of them is “Include RevSlider libraries globally”, try disabling it and see if the issue persist.

Please make sure to clear the browser cache before testing though!

The other options you can test are:

• Insert JavaScript Into Footer
  • Defer JavaScript Loading
  • Load all JavaScript libraries

These options can be found in (Slider Revolution > Global Settings).

Thanks

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed troubleshooting, will try all of the above in the morning if I encounter the same issue on the other sites, will check both plugin versions which should be OK as they are part of the bundle.

As far as removing titles on both Envira gallery and thumbs on hover, is the script above correct and are there any additional steps I might be missing?

Thanks

Hi @wtdm,

Sure, please let us know. As for the script, you may enhance it to something like this

jQuery ( document ).ready ( function( $ ) {

setTimeout ( function() {

$(".envira-gallery-image, .envira-gallery-link").attr("title", "");

} , 750 );

} ); 

That’s to create a delay and make sure the script is executed only after the EG is loaded.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello again,

Last night I deactivated Slider Revolution (not in use on this site) and everything went back to normal.
This morning, galleries are again showing large stacked images instead of thumbnails gallery and the mobile menu hamburger is not functioning (does not respond/open)

I have checked that the recommended version of Envira is installed.
Also, just deactivates cache program, just in case.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks

Hate hijacking my own thread, but the mobile menu is unresponsive as well after updating X and Cornerstone, on the same site having Envira issues.

Hello There,

Although you are using the latest version of Cornerstone, you are using an older version of X (5.2.5). Could you please update to the latest version? X 6.1.6 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, everything works right now. I had only checked Envira and Cornerstone for versions. I thought we were set for automatic updates on X.

Questions:

When working with a Child Theme, is X notifying of updates?
There wasn’t any messages about updates, is there a way to set it to automatic update with Child Theme?

Can I revert to Child Theme after update?

Thanks again for your team support, it’s really the best. :sunglasses:

Hi There,

You need to head over to Dashboard -> Updates section to see update notifications.

In case if you don’t see any notifications, hit the Check Again button and it should show the updates.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you.

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.