Envira Gallery is not working on smart phones and ipads

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! It seem that this could be a caching issue. Since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

This site has been up for about a year with no problems with the galleries. I activated the W3 Total Cache today to clear the cache. It did not help. The galleries were working on responsively before the last WordPress update. Why aren’t they working? Here is a link to one of the galleries.

Hi there,

I am confused, so you did not have the W3 Total Cache installed when you see the problem? I wonder what exactly you did which caused the problem.

At this moment we need much more detailed information to know when and because of which action this happened to be able to help.

Also in order to make sure we are on the same page, by saying the problem you mean the thumbnails get cut off? Like this:

We will wait till you get back to us with the details we asked for more information. Meanwhile, we need you to follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure Envira Gallery is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Install the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and try to regenerate all the thumbnails of the website.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

W3 Total Cache was installed but not activavted. I activated it to clear the cache because of the problem.

The thumbnails do get cut off, that is not the problem.

The problem is on mobile phones and tablets. When you open a page with the gallery on it the gallery never appears. It works fine on a desktop.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It sometimes works, and mostly not in my simulator. The issue is because Lazyloading fails to load the images, maybe it’s a bit big. When I turned off Enable Lazy Loading? option in your gallery. It starts working okay.

Please install force regenerate thumbnails plugin and regenerate your images. Your gallery is configured to use different image size in mobile, but it still loads the bigger one. It’s slow and might be affecting the lazy loading feature of your gallery. OR, just turn off the lazy loading feature.

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue, galleries on two sites both working fine except ipad/mobile - Envira unhelpful as using X Theme version.

Hi @SKW_1960_shady

If you are sure you have tried suggestions mentioned on this thread and none of them worked for you, then please open a new support thread with WordPress Dashboard login details added in a Secure Note in your thread, as posting Secure Notes on others’ threads will make them visible to the original thread owner along with our staff.

Thanks.

Hi - after submitting this query I then found Envira images not visible on PC too. I unchecked the Lazy Loading option and initially that seems to have fixed - thanks

Hi,

Glad to know you were able to figure it out.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.