Envira Gallery HTTP Error

Hi Smart People!

I am trying to get my envira gallery set up and when I enable the lighbox option and hit update, I see this:

This page isn’t working
“my site” is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I have tried trouble shooting this for hours and need some help!

Thank you!!!

I just realized I can’t even configure my gallery without seeing the error after the update too…

Please help!!

Hi there,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi! Thank you for your help!

I increased the memory limit but I am still receiving an HTTP Error 500.

This this is what I saw when I ran a debug on my site:

wikibits.js:243 Uncaught ReferenceError: mediaWiki is not defined
at wikibits.js:243

Do you think this could be the problem?

If not, I don’t know what to do. We need all the plugins that are activated on our site.

Hey There,

Http 500 is a fatal error. Since you already have increased the PHP memory limit, this error is definitely not memory exhaustion. It could be triggered by PHP error. Could you enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes and tell us more about the error message.

Hi! Thanks for your help!

I already ran the WP_DEBUG and my error message was what I posted in the above message:

wikibits.js:243 Uncaught ReferenceError: mediaWiki is not defined
at wikibits.js:243

That’s all that was shown. I looked up wikibits and don’t get how it’s affiliated with my site.

Please help!! Thank you!!

Hi There,

If you’re using WPML related plugin on your site, try disabling it temporarily.

Also what’s the PHP version that you’re running on your server? You can use this plugin to find more information about your server (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/). Make sure that you’re running PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid possible incompatibility issues.

Thanks!

Thank you for the help!

My PHP version is v7.1.14.

How would I go about figuring out which plugin is WPML related?

I’d really like to get this figured out, because we bought the pro package with envira gallery because we liked the design and we need to get galleries up soon for business.

Let me know if you would like our login credentials to take a look yourself.

We appreciate any help we can get!

Hello @beta_c10inc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked your website (link in secure note) and it seems that you are not using any extension that’s related with WPML. I checked WPML forum and actually WPML has couple of tickets (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/when-activating-wpml-backend-pages-never-ends-loading-and-overloads-website/) on there forum related with wikibits.js:243 Uncaught ReferenceError: mediaWiki is not defined at wikibits.js:243 error message. I think my colleague assumed that you might be using WPML.

At the moment I suggest you to get in touch with hosting provider and downgrade PHP to version v5.6. In case issue is still there with Envira Gallery, please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I downgraded our php version to v5.6 and I am still getting the HTTP Error 500 message when I try to update the configuration of my gallery.

I sent a secured note above.

Please feel free to login in our site and troubleshoot!

We appreciate the help!

Thank you!

Hi,

Would you mind providing us your ftp login in Secure Note

I would like to try something but would not like to leave your site on 500 error.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I sent my FTP Login Credentials to you in a secure note!

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I have tried to fix this but it still doesn’t work.

Since you have an Envira license, do you mind contacting their support and see what they can find.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.