Envira gallery error

Hello, Envira give me an error:
Notice: Undefined index: title in ***/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/envira-gallery.php on line 30
Is this a common issue?

I’m on X. Latest version of Wp / theme / plugin. Any advice?

Hello @dcheese,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

What you are encountering are not errors but simply notices. You can turn off notices and you should be all set.

You can do this by opening wp-config.php and changing

define( 'WP_DEBUG' , false ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks, but this is not the point. Envira seems to have a bug, or at least it does not work as it should. The problem appears in the sorting of the photos in the gallery. Despite the order that I decide for them they are displayed differently. Any advice?

Hey @dcheese,

You posted about the notice only in your first post and @Prasant gave an answer specific for that issue. I kindly ask that you provide detailed explanation about the problem next time especially that errors or notices does not always mean its the cause of the issue.

Now to the issue of sorting, in your gallery’s configuration, is Enable Isotope? option checked? If so, the isotope or masonry layout dynamically calculates the item’s position based on the item’s aspect ratio. Even if your items are properly sorted, the masonry layout will force the items to be displayed based on its size.

If that is not the case, please provide more details with screenshots or screencast how we can replicate the issue.

Thanks.

where I can find that option? as you can see it isn’t in these panel

Hey @dcheese,

The option is in the Gallery Settings. However, your Number of Gallery Columns is set to Automatic so the Enable Isotope is not there as an option. Please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup and try to replicate it on our end. I tested Envira Gallery in my test site and the sorting works fine so there must be something in your site or setup causing this.

Thanks.

I changed the number of gallery columns but the image sort still is broken.

Hi @dcheese,

I created a test page and the order is the same where it’s in admin and in my created test page. The first image is the bathroom. It’s ordered by TITLE Z to A . Buf you wish to manually sort it, you need to change it to No Sorting and drag your images.

And please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing and more details of the order you wish to achieve.

Thanks!

Thank you Rad. The order is alphabetical. See the screenshot. Even if I use “by title” or “no sorting” I see always the bathroom first. The correct order is the same of the screenshot.

Hey @dcheese,

I tested the sorting and it works. See https://youtu.be/TQlIbahYS0E. Please try clearing your browser cache and also try viewing your site in incognito mode and other browsers.

Thanks.

Hello Christian, I’m not using a gallery, I’m using a link to a lightbox. Please try to add the shortcode [envira-link id=“202”]See photos[/envira-link] in the test page and see what happens. Bathroom is always the first. :confused:

Hi There,

I have tried to login to your backend using the information provided above, but I’m getting the following error (see secure note).

Thanks!

Can you try again?

I see. The lightbox does not have sorting options. It only sorts by filename in ascending order out of the box that is why using see the bathroom picture first because the first characters in its filename is DSC8381. The next picture in the lighbox is DSC8396. There’s no other solution to this but I’ll post this as feature request maybe the Envira Gallery developers would consider adding this in the future.

I’d also like to kindly ask if you could detail the issue in your first post next time in order to avoid confusion and going back and forth.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m sorry Christian, I thought it was just that error message to give problems to the lightbox.
Thank you!