Envira Gallery error 500 when updating

I recently updated Envira Gallery to 1.8.0 with Pro 2.0.4.

I can no longer save or update any changes I make to any of my galleries. I end up getting a message that says my website is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Hi there,

The supported version of Envira Gallery is 1.7.2.

Kindly revert back to that version as 1.8.0 is not yet fully tested and you might get some issues like you mentioned.

You can find more info about the tested and supported versions of plugins here:

Thank you.

How do you revert this plugin to an older version?

Hi There,

If you keep old backups, you can restore it from there or if you keep a staging server, you can copy the plugin files from there and update.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Are there any other options for reverting back to 1.7.2 other than restoring from backups or staging server?

Hey @nicky_emporiovas,

Regretfully, there’s none. Envira Gallery 1.8.0 is compatible with X according to our Version Compatibility list though and I have not experienced any issue when updating my test galleries.

The original poster encountered an HTTP ERROR 500. That usually is caused by incorrect WordPress files and folders permission. Try applying the solution in this article to fix the permissions.

If that does not help, please open a separate thread and give us WordPress admin and FTP credentials in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.