Envira Gallery display / Cornerstone Editing conflict

After updating my client’s website to the current version of X theme, Cornerstone will not load on the pages that have an Elvira gallery. I am receiving this message:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: http://edesigngrp.com

Preview URL: http://edesigngrp.com/design-portfolio/laguna-retreat/

Also, in Safari and Firefox (Mac) these pages are not displaying the Envira Gallery. I know the images are there because if I click on the blank page, the thumbnails/ lightbox appear. (In Chrome, the preview is displaying fine.)

x theme version: 6.2.5
envira gallery version: 1.8.3
cornerstone version: 3.2.5

php version: 7.1

Hello @sleinen,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tested Envira Gallery on my local setup by adding gallery to one of the pages. I then reloaded the page and Cornerstone is loading and working fine. Can you please let us know the version of X Theme and Cornerstone being used prior to updating?

In the meantime, please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know what the versions were that I updated from. Is there a way for me to find out?

1. I checked the campatibility list.
    I do have old versions of X-typekit (1.0.1), X-Google Analytics (1.0.0), and x-smooth scroll (1.0.2) but these are not showing updates available. Where do I get the updated versions?
  2. I’m not using a CDN.
  3. I’ve tested for all 3rd party plugins.
  4. I reset the htaccess file.
  5. I increased the php memory limit.

No change - I’ll send you the login info.

Hi There @sleinen

Upon testing your issue further, it seems that you’re using PHP v5.4.28 which is causing incompatibility issues.

We recommend to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues. Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to update your PHP version for you. Also some hosting providers allows to switch PHP versions through their hosting control panel as well.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you, I updated to v. 5.6 with no change. Please advise.

Hi Sleinen,

If possible, please update that to higher version 7.0 or 7.1

For now, please CLEAR and turn OFF your caching and security plugin, while we troubleshoot this issue.

I saw that you have an outdated version of X extensions, please update those to the latest version.

To update the Extensions to the version that is supported by the theme:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
- Deactivate and delete the extensions, from the plugins panel.
- On the X > Validation > Extensions locate and install the extensions that you need.
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version. But always keep a backup of your entire site just to be safe.

Also, try to change the Gallery, the issue could be on the Gallery itself. You can preview the page in Skeleton Mode so you can see the elements and edit it.

And if you don’t mind, please provide us with FTP credentials in a secure note.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,

I updated my php. I cleared cache and deactivated caching and security. I deleted and updated the x extensions.
I am now able to access Cornerstone for each page. I am able to change the gallery, but the result is the same for each of the existing galleries. I created a new gallery and attached it to a test page here: http://edesigngrp.com/test/. This page now has the opposite problem - the preview of the images are showing, but when clicked, the result is an error in the lightbox.

I’ll send you the FTP credentials. Thank you for your help.

Hello @sleinen,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, upon clicking on the image lightbox shows error message “The requested content cannot be loaded.
Please try again later.”

I Googled and came across a thread on Envira Gallery WordPress.org forum page. I suggest you to please take a look at following thread and try the solution mentioned. Let us know how it goes.

You can also take a look at the solution mentioned in following page.

Thanks.

Thank you for the help. Yes, for the test gallery, the lightbox was enabled, but the image link was pointing to the attachment page instead of the image file. Correcting that enabled this new test gallery to work.

This wasn’t the problem for any of the existing galleries - they had been configured correctly. I have fixed the problem, though, by recreating the galleries (of which there are many…) and moving the images into the new galleries. The new galleries are now working correctly on the portfolio pages http://edesigngrp.com/design-portfolio/pasadena/.

The only problem remaining is that I can’t edit these pages in cornerstone without using the skeleton mode. I would appreciate help resolving this remaining issue.

Hi @sleinen

I couldn’t narrow this issue down to a specific reason, however, I believe you could use “Content Area” element with a shortcode from the Envira Gallery plugin, and the page will be editable using Cornerstone, I’v tested that on this page:

http://edesigngrp.com/design-portfolio/testing/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.