Envira Gallery Disappear After Migration

Hi

I have just moved my site from albukharygroup.com to drkencingmanis.com
However, due to my previous hosting had expired, i cant login to the backend wordpress fro albukharygroup.com as it is very slow.

I had tried export all data by downloading it from the cpanel and had successfully migrated most of the content to the new site which is drkencingmanis.com

However, the ENvira Gallery are all missing. Any idea if I can migrate it through the database as your solution was to login via wordpress backend and migrate using plugin. I cant do that. Any other possible ways?

Hi @ahmadabdillah86

It could be something was broken when you migrated the database, did you migrated the database via phpMyAdmin? if not, I suggest doing so following this guide:

If you can share one page with Envira Gallery on the old website and the same page on the new website after migration (that has the gallery missing) and provide the WordPress Dashboard login details for the new site in a Secure Note reply, that would be great to investigate this issue if you are sure that the migration process went completely successful.

Thanks.

P.S. If you don’t know how to send a Secure Note, please check this article.

I migrated using phpmyadmin.
I cant access the backend of the wordpress as the hosting had expired.

Hi @ahmadabdillah86,

I see that could be the problem. Wordpress uses serialized data when storing the database which is why it’s not recommended to manually import and edit the database during the migration. There are special tools that can help you migrate it safely, but as you said, database is not accessible this time.

Your existing data re corrupted due to that process. Unfortunately, it’s something we can’t cover in the forum. But I recommend contacting a developer/webmaster that could help you set up your site from your SQL backups (safely).

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I can access the database but i cant use the the plugin that you had recommended in this forum to migrate the database through wordpress backend.

I migrated the database through phpmyadmin.

Is there any way for me to migrate safely through phpmyadmin?

For now, Ive already recreate the Envira gallery but in future, would like to know if there is other way for migration of the database other than through the plugin? Maybe exporting the database through phpmyadmin, there are certain things I need to tick?

Hi,

Regretfully, there is no way to do it through phpmyadmin. You can migrate through phpmyadmin but you still need to run a script or plugin to correct the db data.

It would be much better and easier to do it using a plugin.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.