Envira Gallery 1.7.1 gallery column setting

Hi.

I’ve been very frustrated with Envira Gallery for weeks since the updates to X Theme earlier this fall. Two updates back, all was working. But now, if I update Envira Gallery to 1.7.1, which is listed as the latest supported version for X Theme, then my galleries where I have selected a specific number of columns all display incorrectly when viewed in Chrome.

Here are two screen shots to illustrate the difference between Chrome and Firefox. Firefox is showing the correct configuration. The first gallery is set to for one gallery column; the second is set for three gallery columns.

What is the solution? The previous version of Envira worked fine with the fixed column setting. I’m tired of rolling back my site to the older version of Envira Gallery.

Kristen

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I checked your site and your grid’s columns are actually set to 1. Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note? I’ll check what’s your grid’s setting.

Thanks!

Hi,

It’s not a site column setting. It’s a setting specific to Envira Gallery.

Image below shows the setting I’m referring to. If I choose any column option other than Automatic, then Chrome incorrectly shrinks the images, as can be observed in my original post. Firefox (and Edge and Explorer) show the gallery images at the correct size.

Rolling the Envira Gallery plugin back to the previous version fixes the problem. But I don’t think I should be using an old version of the plugin just to make my galleries look better in Chrome.

Thanks.

Kristen

Hey Kirsten,

Do you have a staging site were we can test and experiment on? This could be just happening in your site. Do you have any caching plugin or caching feature in your server? After making the updates, you must always clear the cache to make sure that the latest code from the updates will be used.

I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.