.entry-freatured margins

using X and Ethos. Trying to adjust the margins below the featured image on a post. Was able to use negative margins to move the content below but on one of the other posts it mentioned using negative values might not be a good practice. If I use inspect I can see that the area in question is a margin but cannot manipulate it. used .single-post .entry-featured with limited success. Was able to change left margin but not top, bottom or right. Is there something else I could try. I am not on line so you cannot dial into site.
Thanks in advance
john

Hi John,

Thanks for writing in! Is it possible to provide a screenshot? so that we should be able to get an idea to assist you further.

Thanks!

OK here are some screen shots
Margins I is default with no settings whatsoever
There is approximately 180 px between text and featured image. 100 between section and image.
Margins II shows Custom Headline with class setting of MAN or MTN
I cannot reduce that 100px between section and image unless I use a minus value on section
such as ( under style ) margin-top:-80px; OR Margin: -80px 0px 0px 0px;
since I have seen posts from your staff that say minus values could cause unforseen issues in the future I
am looking for other ways to achieve the ability to manipulate that space between section and image
( which looks like a margin ) to whatever I deem appropriate.
As a side note, can you explain why I cannot send more than a single screenshot? I have been able to do so since buying the software and only now am getting a restriction. Very inconvenient. When does this change?
Thanks

Hi there,

To be able to see the case in real life and give you proper alternative instead of the minus margins which will do ok if you keep it limited to posts page we will need theURL/User/Pass of your website given to us using the Secure Note feature of the post and the URL of the exact page you are experiencing the issue. So we can check both Cornerstone settings and front end to analyze the screenshot you sent to us.

Regarding the image upload limit, it will improve the usage of the forum. As you are a new poster there are some limitations but as you work with the system you will get badges and new privileges.

Thank you.

I appreciate the difficulty you may have but try to I am trying to understand your program and my request is both simple and reasonable. I was asked to supply a screenshot, which I did, and my question is relatively simple. How do I manipulate the space between a featured image and the first section on my post? I try to not use plugins, and I don’t. I try to not use CSS unless absolutely necessary, and i don’t. I fail to see why you cannot at least give me some options to fix my issues. I am not prepared to put my site on-line until it is working reasonably and it will not do so until you help me with my requests. Can you please give me some direction so I can fix my issues without you having to dial in and fix it. I do not want you to fix it. I want me to fix it. If you do not give me support and direction I cannot do so. If you need information, please let me know what could assist you. This is happening much too often, and it is taking way too long to solve my issues. If ther eis some way to escalate my simple requests please let me know.
thanks
John

Hi John,

A secure note is only visible to you and the staff. Usually we ask so our recommendation is specific. Now, in your case, I will try to dig in using the screenshot. By default, headings like custom headline element has top and bottom margin. Then we can remove those default by using the classes like man, mtn etc. See this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-element-spacing/211. Those other spaces you might be seeing after adding the class to custom headline might be the default section padding. See my sample here wherein I add red background to the section where I add custom headline so you can see how to eliminate the space better: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbiIhhlrhD.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response but we seem to be having a miscommunication. Maybe I am not explaining myself properly. I am comfortable with the elements and using class to work with spacing. While there seem to be inconsistencies at times I can usually get the result I want. To try and clarify the issue at hand: With all the normal elements on a page or post you can see the elements and the row / columns and section simply by hoving over the area in question. My issue is with the featured image. From this new screenshot you can see the custom headline, which is the first element in the post. It has no margins and is as far ‘up’ on the page I can position it. The image is the featured image. The issue is the white space between the custom headline and the featured image. inspection shows that it ( the image ) is div.entry-featured. Inspection also shows that there is no margin at the top of the image so it is up against the menu. The space below in question is shown as a bottom margin. This is what I am trying to reduce and I have been successful only by using negative values in column or section elements. I would prefer to do so without using those negative values. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance
John

Hi John,

Thank you for the clarification, please add this on top of your custom CSS. Either of this might solve your issue.

.entry-wrap {
    	margin-top: 0;
    	padding-top: 0;
    }
    .entry-featured {
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    	padding-bottom: 0;
    }

If not then you need to provide us the page URL in “secure note” so we can inspect the page, we never know that gap might not be just a padding or margin, but a hidden content or something. It can also be a CSS conflict.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.