English page is a mess, problem with update, urgent

Hi!

I have a page (not published) http://box5747.temp.domains/~vvafi/ and Finnish version is fine. I don’t understand why my English page looks like a mess: http://box5747.temp.domains/~vvafi/en/

All the heading show in Finnish, although the Cornerstone side they are in English. If you scroll down more, you see broken parts in Finnish and English (should look exactly like Finnish page). Cornerstone all looks good. I tried to remove hided part but nothing.

I have cleaned the cache for several times, also form under Status.

All the themes, plugins and WP is up to date.

I have connected off the WPML and Cornerstone plugins and nothing helps. How I can fix that since Cornerstone side all is good.

I needed to restore the back-up, so the page now looks good. I have Cornerstone (3.5.2. -> 5.3.2) and WPML updates (also many versions) to be made. WP is updated.

I am sure that the problem comes with some of the updates. Which would be the best way to do the updates without messing it up?

Thank you in advance for the support.

Hello Anni,

Thanks for writing in! Your issue seems to be related to this thread:

I will forward this to our developers for them to investigate further.

Please bear with us.

Thank you, so I wait you to be fixed that?

Hi Anni,

Our development team will look into the matter on their installation and not yours. But to be sure that the problem that you are experiencing is the same that my colleague mentioned I’d appreciate it if you do the test below:

• Create a staging version of your website or create a backup so if something goes wrong you can bring back the backup. You can ask your hosting service provider to do that for you.
  • Update the theme to version 7.1.2 and Cornerstone to version 4.1.2. Use the manual update method mentioned here.
  • Go to the page in question when you are using Finish, then create a template from the page.
  • Create a new page and use the Template to recreate the same page.
  • While you are inside the Cornerstone click the English flag at the bottom-right section of the screen.
  • Click to Copy the Existing Page option so you will have the same page for English.
  • Go over all the elements and translate the page into English.
  • Check back with the result.

Please kindly do not use the WPML String Translation tool and rely on the Cornerstone feature to translate the pages. The Flag icons of the Cornerstone will use the correct way of translation feature of the WPML plugin.

Thank you.

Thank you for clear steps for me. I will do that as soon as possible and hope it helps. I have been using flash icons for translating the page :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, Anni. And, thank you for testing.

Hi!

I did it! I did it without going to FTP. I changed the other theme and deleted X. Updated it from the file. Then I deleted Cornerstone and updated it from the file as well. And all is working perfectly! Thank you so much!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.