Enable Native WordPress Responsive Images - Update

Following up on my earlier thread.

I’ve added images using the the default WordPress editor and responsive images are still not working, Contrary information in https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/enable-native-wordpress-responsive-images/43293/2 that responsive images are not disabled.

In the same thread I also provided the code and location which I think is the X/Pro code to disable responsive images.

As I’ve asked, please let me know to re-enable WordPress native responsive images.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully this would not be as simple as enabling back that function, as this would require an extensive rewrite with many considerations for how we want this to be put into places, additionally, with likely rewrites for how things like the blog will function moving forward.

This has already been on our enhancement list but has not gotten much request/attention as this is something that is likely to completely change again in the near future.

Thank you for understanding,

Hi friech,

This completely contradicts the information I was provided by RueNel which is makes clear no native WordPress features are disabled even though I provided reference to the disable code block.

Please elaborate on how responsive images impact blogs function moving forward given that responsive images only provide sources to optimal image sizes depending on device.

Also, would X / Pro not have additional functionals to use images in the way they want - much like the Image Element, it would be useful to understand why hacking and changing WordPress native features was the chosen direction.

In the previous version I was provided the code block to override x_disable_wp_image_srcset - what is the replacement for this?

Hi strobley,

First of all, we are sorry if you got confused about the case. Let me give you a complete context:

The srcset feature is not available in the X and Pro themes. The original image handling system uses the normal src code and that is why it is not available in the Cornerstone or the Content/Header/Footer builders.

Now, the standard WordPress media icon in the standard editor or Gutenberg uses the srcset originally but we do not need that when the theme is installed as the whole system is coded another way. To be able to enable usage of the media icon srcset functionality please follow the article below:

https://xthemetips.com/size-matters-the-x-image-guide/730/

Having said that. the method mentioned above is not a reliable one and in some case you may need to code the srcset manually.

We already added this as a feature request in our internal issue tracker. Please consider that this will need a huge refactor and rewrite every bit of the core theme and this may or may not be considered in a short term.

I just want to give you context about the feature when using the theme.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.