Embedding Audio in Cornerstone

Hi,

When I try to embed audio or video in cornerstone nothing happens, I have tried both the raw content element and the embed audio/embed video elements.

When I add the embed link to the elements not only is there no live preview but I cannot even save the page.

The only way I’ve managed to get it to work is in visual editor but then I lose the functionality of cornerstone.

I am very new to website design, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Philip

Hi Philip,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing us more information like what code you are trying to add in the Raw Content element to embed the audio?

Also can you please provide the URL of your site so that we can check as well?

Hi Jade, thanks for your reply,

I gave up and just hosted my audio but now I need a video up and I cannot host my video I need it to be an embedded youtube video.

Whenever I try to embed I cannot save my progress or see a preview of the result.

my website is www.princejerzy.com

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, did you already resolve the issue? I saw an embedded YouTube video on your homepage? If not, please do the following:

Please update both your X theme and Cornerstone to the latest version (refer for the latest version here).

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, sever-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists after the update, please confirm the following to your host.

PHP 5.6 version or greater
MySQL 5.6 version or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module enabled
PHP Max Execution time set to 300

Also confirm to your host if there is an /cornerstone-endpoint uri that is getting block by the mod_security, and if there is ask them how you can white list or unblock it.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!