Embed JS in side bar

Hi there how do I embed my JS in my side bar?

I tried in the widget but it doesn’t work :

Check widget…

Cheers and thanks

Hi @epmarketweb,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind sharing us the JS that you want to add. So we could know what you want to achieve.

If you want add script with X theme, you will add the script in your Launch > Theme Options > JS.

To add script using your function, This requires a template change, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you already have your child theme active and ready, please insert this following code in your child theme’s functions.php file so that you can add a custom JS to the site.

// Add custom JS scripts
// =============================================================================

function load_custom_js() {
  wp_enqueue_style( 'custom-js', 'get_template_directory_uri() . '/custom-js.css', array(), );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_custom_js' );
// =============================================================================

To know more how you properly load custom js, please check the codex: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_script/

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Check the widget, you’ll see when I want to insert the JS

My them is already a child them…

Hello There,

When inserting a script or custom html code in the text widget for the sidebar, please make sure that you are in the text editor and not in the visual editor.

Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks

1. The form is outside the orange stuff. How do I alignleft?

2. After, I changed my form (I changed CRM) the fixed item is not good anymore, how do I fix it

Cheers and thanks :slight_smile:

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and look around. I could not find the url with the form in it. Could you please provide which url which has the form in it? This is to make sure that we can give the tailored solution to the page.

Regards.

Hi there,

The form is on the side bar of my blog posts…

(you can check the widget)

Hey There,

Thanks for providing the url of the form in question.

1] Regretfully we cannot anything much because all the contents were loaded via iframe. We cannot modify any contents of the iframe. No CSS or JS code modify it unless we have access to the actual contents of the iframe itself. Where did you get the script tag that displays the form? Does it have a form maker or a way to edit how the output form would look like? If you have an account from where you get the form, there might be a way to edit it because as I did a little search, you are using GetResponse. They have this feature where you can design your form. Please check this link: https://www.getresponse.com/features/form-builder.html

2] For your fixed widget, I think you won’t be needing it as fixed since it will be on top of the form which makes the form inaccessible anymore. You will have to disable it as fixed.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

1. I fixed the form…

2. the fixed widget is not sorted out…Let me know how to deal with it…

Thanks!

Hi there,

What do you mean the Fixed widget is not sorted out? What was it like before that now it is not?

I see that you have added a text widget and then added custom CSS to make it fixed. Please kindly consider that the question you have asked is not related to our theme and none of the built-in features of our product.

If you want to customize the text widget you will need to do it yoursellf to hire a developer as the customization is outside of our support scope. We will surely try our best to give you the suggestions of the code that will help you get started but we will not be able to implement or maintain the code.

Now kindly get back to us with the screenshots and detailed description on how you want the text widget appeared and it is not now so we will be able to identify the case and suggest you the starter guides.

Also. for the sake of the clarity and possibility to give you a better quality support kindly open up separate threads for different questions. That way we will be able to respond to you sooner and better. For more information regarding the support guidelines kindly read this article:

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.