Email Plugin: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Hi all

I get in a E Mail -Forms with Mailchimp following error in Webconsole. Sometimes it works and then not, my customers said.

Chrome, Firefox and others Browsers. WP 4.9 with latest Pro installed. It’s strange because all settings are correct and everything runs smooth. Didnt recognized error for weeks, must be also under WP 4.7/4.8 a customer mentioned.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of null
at main.js:90
at Array.reduce ()
at HTMLFormElement. (main.js:83)
at HTMLFormElement.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
at HTMLFormElement.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)

Same behaviour as shown here

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have tested your email form and tried to reproduce the issue but I couldn’t.

Can you please make sure that you’re fully updated? You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

8 different users, from same subnet, other outside connection

Google Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
Firefox 56.0.1 and 57.0 (newst Firefox deonst work in most cases)(
Edge
LAtest Safari

Tested with MacOX High sierra, windows 7 windows 10

WP 4.9 de_DE

Pro 1.2.7 (not as mentioned 1.2.5)
Content Dock 2.0.2
Custom 404 2.0.3
Email Forms 2.03
Smooth Scroll 2.03

It works mostly when I am logged in in WP admin, then switch to URL.

When not logged in, then it doesnt work or it works not.

Hey @fleugenpylz,

I see the issue.

Would you mind trying these general solutions.

1. Ensure the Email Form plugin is up to date. See our changelog.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi

I’ve checked point 1-7. For now it is solved.

It was a plugin conflict with a security plugin involved (now I know this works,-).

Many thanks and have a nice day.

BTW: That’s why I’ve choosen Pro your support works with/for customers and not against;-)

Hey There,

You are most welcome.
It’s comforting to know that testing for a plugin conflict corrected the said issue.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.