Email forms plugin sign up javascript error

Just set up Themeco’s Email Forms plugin v 2.0.3 and integrated with Mailchimp.

The sign up hangs, turns out there is the following error in Chrome Console:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).alert is not a function
at make_alert (main.js:39)
at Object.success (main.js:160)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at y (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)

Links through to this line of code

function make_alert( content, class_name ) {

return $('<div class="tco-subscribe-form-alert-wrap">' +
               '<div class="tco-alert ' + ( class_name || 'tco-alert-danger' ) + ' fade in man">' +
                 '<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert">&times;</button>' +
                 content +
               '</div>' +
             '</div>').alert();

}

In case it helps these are the other plugins active:

Akismet 4.1
Contact Form 7 5.0.5
Cornerstone 3.3.8
Email Forms 2.0.3
Google Analytics 3.0.0
Jetpack by WordPress.com 6.7
MOJO Marketplace 1.3.4
Smooth Scroll 2.0.3
Wordfence Security 7.1.17
WPForms Lite 1.4.9

Hey Paul,

Thanks for posting the error. I do not get this issue in my test site though so this could be unique to your site. The error is usually related to WordPress’ bundled jQuery. Re-installing WordPress usually fixes this kind of issue. Please go to Dashboard > Updates and click the Re-install Now button.

If that does not help, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it still does not help, please give us access to your WordPress Admin and FTP. Please do the suggested possible solution first.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y

I have disabled all by Theme Co authored plugins and still getting the error.

I’ll add Wordpress info to a secure note for you to log in and check.

Hello @Atkinson,

Thanks for updating in! I can confirmed that this is a bug in the latest release of the plugin. Our developers were already aware of this as they were informed. They are currently looking into this and a release update will be rolling out soon.

For the meantime, you may use ConvertPlus plugin or other 3rd party with MailChimp integration so that you can still continue to get subscription emails.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.