Email Forms Plugin Breaks Multisite Network Page

I have the latest versions of Theme X, Cornerstone, and the Email Forms (Theme X) plugin. As soon as I activate it, I can no longer use the WordPress Network page to manage my other sites. Turn it off, and I can. What is wrong?

1 Like

Hi there,

Would you mind checking your server’s error logs and see the details of the error that might be causing the issue? If it is about the PHP memory limit, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In case you are seeing a different error, kindly post the error info here so that we can provide some suggestions.

Thank you.

Those statements are already in the wp-config.php file.

There are no errors in the GoDaddy server log.

I turned on Debug on the config file and now see this error when I try the Network Admin page -

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /home/scottzerb/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 590

I also found this error message:

[23-Apr-2018 15:47:26 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in PAKB_LATEST_KNOWLEDGEBASE is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()
instead. in /home/scottzerb/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3902

Hi szerby,

Please make sure your server is running at least PHP 5.6 or higher, if you still have this issue, please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details and FTP access in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

I am running PHP 5.6

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the admin login credentials too? For the meantime, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

It could be triggered by plugin dependent on user roles or capabilities. I see similar issues but mostly caused by plugins.

Let us know how it goes!

We already disable all the plugins to discover this is the plugin breaking the site. Let me know what you discover with the ftp login.

Hi szerby,

WordPress Dashboard login credentials are working, thanks! But the FTP ones aren’t, could you please double check them?

Thanks.

I had a typo in the password, please try again. I tested the login and it works now.

Hi szerby,

The FTP login details are working fine, thanks!

I did a workaround via FTP to access the network dashboard, but I got this message instead:
Sorry, you are not allowed to manage options for this site.

Could you please confirm that the WordPress Dashboard login details are for a superadmin account? so I can access the network dashboard?

Thanks.

Confirmed - those are the super admin creds

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. We did try a fix which was not successful. It seems that this is a core WordPress problem that affects the 3rd party plugins randomly.

Here is the Fix that we applied which did not work:

The error that you have shared with us also show that there is no error in the actual Email Forms files and it is the core WordPress files that cause the error.

Anyway, this needs to be added to our issue tracker for this specific Multisite setup. If there are other cases happening like this we also will report and our development team will decide to check the case if there are enough reports.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you avoid using the Email Forms and try to find 3rd party solutions for the MailChimp integration such as this list.

Thank you.

1 Like

I need a plugin that works in CornerStone - I can only find one other, and it is not free. You provide one with your theme, is it the same plugin as this?

http://codesaga.info/download/54693991/mailchimp-for-cornerstone/

Hi szerby,

I’m not sure which plugin we provide in our theme other than Email Forms that you mean, but any of the plugins on the list mentioned by my colleague Christopher will provide you with a shortcode for the form which you can include in a “Content Area” element anywhere in your page.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.