Email Forms 'Custom Styling' Not Working

Hi,

I am using the ‘Custom Styling’ option inside the Email Forms plugin and non of the custom styling settings I have entered are being applied. For example I have selected transparent button and the button isn’t transparent. How do I get the custom styling option to apply?

The email form is titled ‘Main List’

Also, a minor bug related to this (but not critical): when I hit Update at the top of the Email Form after applying the custom styling, the custom styling options disappear. The custom styling is still set to ‘yes’ but all the option are hidden and then they appear if I click custom styling ‘no’.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

Thanks for writing in! I have tried to login to your site, but I couldn’t as I’m getting the following error.

ERROR: Invalid username.

Also I see that you have enabled a coming soon page, so that I could not check your site. Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can look into it.

In the meantime, please make sure that you’re fully updated including X theme, Cornerstone and other plugins. You can refer to the latest X compatible version numbers from here.

If you’re using a caching plugin on your site, purge your server cache and disable it temporarily. Then clear your browser cache and re-test your issue again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi mldarshana,

My apologies there was a typo in the username I provided (accidentally put a colon at the end). Thanks for helping me look into this, hopefully you can now access everything.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi @Guessmix,

Thank you for updating the username however I could still log in.

Please check if it is the correct credentials.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

Sorry I should have clarified that the credentials provided in the secure note are for logging in via wordpress.com. Please try clicking “Log in with WordPress.com” and then using the credentials provided in the secure note. I just tried in a fresh incognito browser and it worked as expected. Let me know if you have any problems.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

I can confirm this issue on your site and it only happens on your site. I tried on multiple installation and the styling works, the customization area remained displayed when ‘Yes’ is selected, and hidden when ‘No’ is selected.

Is there a way we could disable the caching of your site? I think it’s more related to database caching and the data being pulled by the plugin are the same due to cache.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Thanks for looking into this. I’m more concerned about the fact that none of my ‘custom styling’ isn’t working than the fact that the ‘yes’/‘no’ buttons are messed up (though I guess we’re assuming the root cause is the same?).
I use dreamhost as my wordpress host. How would I go about sorting out the caching as per your suggestion? Apologies I’m not the most technically apt with these things.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi @Rad,

Also, if for some reason we don’t solve this issue. Is there an alternate plugin for adding my mailchimp newsletter sign up with custom styling that you might recommend?

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to clear any cache they might have. Also please ask them and make sure that you are using PHP version 5.6+ or 7.1+

An alternative for that form is the official MailChimp WordPress plugin:

Also, this is available:

Thank you.

Hi @christopher.amirian and @Rad,

Thank you for your help in trying to resolve this issue. I contacted dreamhost and they put me on PHP7.2 and cleared my cache but unfortunately the bug still persists.

It is unfortunate that a bundled plug in such as Email Forms has an issue with X The Theme as it is features like this that led me to buy a license in the first place. However I understand these things can happen and I will look to use the alternatives you suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

To clarify a misunderstanding here, the Email Forms plugin do work with no problem with X and Pro theme and I tested the case with multiple installations. This is a unique case happening for you and we are 100% sure it is related to your environment. We are trying to find what is the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for your reply. I actually asked for a version 5.6+ or 7.1+ and not 7.2. Would you please follow up on that case? Also, you did not mention about the follow up I asked for the cache as it might also cause the issue of not having the changes of the admin shown in the frontend of the website.

Having said that I went to your website and found out that you do have the Varnish cache it seems as you add a Varnish purger plugin. Please consider that varnish is a deep caching system and sometimes it needs your hosting service provider to follow up and clear cache.

Also, I tried to test the case but the Email Forms plugin is not installed on your website. Please go to X > Validation and scroll down to Email Forms plugin to install it again.

Finally, please disable all the plugins except the Email Forms and the Cornerstone plugin and test the case.

Thank you.

Hi @christopher.amirian,

My apologies, my lack of technical expertise led me to assume that PHP 7.1+ means any version greater than 7.1. I will get this changed now.

I more or less gave up on this issue hence why I removed the plug in. But I will get everything put back as it was for you and will let you know when it’s ready (and on PHP7.1+)

With regards to your question “follow up I asked for the cache” I mentioned the following in my previous reply:

“and cleared my cache but unfortunately the bug still persists”

Was there some more information regarding cache you were looking for? Apologies again for my lack of technical expertise slowing down this resolution.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

Thanks for that, we will wait till you setup everything back again.

Meanwhile, I think this is what Christopher wanted to do regarding cache:

Having said that I went to your website and found out that you do have the Varnish cache it seems as you add a Varnish purger plugin. Please consider that varnish is a deep caching system and sometimes it needs your hosting service provider to follow up and clear cache.

Thanks.

Hi @Alaa and @christopher.amirian ,

I have switched to PHP 7.1 and asked my host DreamHost to clear my cache. The Email Forms plugin has been re-activated re-applied onto the page to help continue the debug. Thanks for all your help so far.

Kind regards,
Filip

Hello Filip,

I have logged in and investigated this issue further. I can confirm that the custom styling in the Email Forms is not taking effect. This must be a bug in this release. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

By the way, I have modified the Email Forms plugin in your site to temporarily resolve the issue. You can now apply some styling to your form as needed. If it does not take effect, switch the Custom Styling option to “Yes” or “No” and back to “Yes”, Empty the cache and then test the page.

I have created a test page which you can check it out in the secure note below.

Hi @RueNel,

Thanks for looking into this, submitting the support ticket and temporary solution. Am I ok to carry on developing my page or is it best to leave it as it is while the Email Forms team look into it?

Kind regards,
Filip

Hi Filip,

No, it’s okay to continue working on your page. The team has received a full report with this case and “how to reproduce steps”.

Thanks.

Thanks @Alaa

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.