Elements page loads for a second then 404 :(

I just upgraded my X theme and now I click on elements, layout or inspector buttons and I see the page for a second then get redirected to 404 page.

The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn’t provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page.

Hello @PiccaDillyBooks,

Thanks for writing in! This is a known issue after you have updated to the latest version. To resolve this, simply go to Settings > Permalinks and hit the save button even if you did not do anything. This is just a way to update the .htaccess of your site. When you revisit the elements page, you should be seeing the settings already.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the responce, I did find info on that issue in the forums and tried every setting on that page with no luck.:frowning: Any setting other than the custom seems to break cornerstone worse.

Hey @piccadillybooks,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

1 Like

Please update with the solution, I am having the same problem

Hello @jrmartin31,

The 404 issue when clicking the elements tab should be resolved by updating the permalink setting. And make sure that there is no index.php in your permalink.

Now if this solution does not help in your case, please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate your issue and provide a solution.

Best Regards.

Hello @piccadillybooks,

I have logged in to your site and I was able to identify the issue. It is because your have index.php in your permalinks.

I went ahead and updated your permalinks. You can now click the Elements tab without getting an error 404.

Please check your site now.

Ohh no now it is broken. I did try that as well but get this now… The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.

Origin URL: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org

Preview URL: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/home/about-us/

I really hope your working on it because it is not up at all now. :confused:

Hello @piccadillybooks,

I can edit your homepage in Cornerstone with no issues.

With your sub pages, there is something wrong with it. It displays a broken page and loading an older version of X and Cornerstone. Do you have any other WP installation in your root directory? Please provide us FTP details so that we can check your folders and files.

Please let us know how it goes.

I am running a manual update to WP
worth a try…

Hello @piccadillybooks,

I was able to log in to your ftp. Regretfully the folder is empty. You may have given the correct one as it does not display anything from our end.

Please let us know how it goes.

I think I got the ftp fixed the update to wp did not help sadly. :frowning: This site is in the crc folder

Thank you for the help @RueNel. :slight_smile: I am off to bed as I have to work again in a few hours but I will check back first thing when I wake up. I have full faith in you to get it running correctly. :slight_smile:

Hey @piccadillybooks,

I see that you could open your home page and new pages in Cornerstone but not the existing sub-pages.

Regretfully, I currently could not completely do the troubleshooting procedures in your live site because of the risk of breaking in. Here’s the list that I’ve already tried but still the issue persists.

• I saw that your memory was low so I’ve increased the memory. I’ve installed the Server Status plugin to check if the increase took effect.

Before:

After:

• I checked your htaccess file and there are left over W3TC rules so I renamed it to htaccess-bak and then resaved your Permalinks.

• I enabled WP error logging and I see no error related to Cornerstone. You have an error log in the root folder of your site but it’s too big to download so I could not check it.

• Switched to parent theme

Now here are the additional possible solutions that we need you to perform. Please check if the issue persists after each suggestion.

• Try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Contact your host to upgrade to PHP 7 and increase your Max Execution Time to 300s.

• Ask your host if they have a built-in caching system like Endurance Cache and request to deactivate it.

If the remaining suggestions does not solve this issue, please copy your site to a staging server preferably to a different web host so we could do some more testing without the risk of breaking your site. Please visit the link below to learn how to setup a staging site.

Thank you and we’re sorry that you’re having trouble with this.

Left a secure note but forgot to add I deleted the log file so it should not be huge.

I had to modified the script as well.
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_options SET option_value = REPLACE(option_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_postmeta SET meta_value = REPLACE(meta_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);

UPDATE wp_tgxt_options SET option_value = REPLACE(option_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_postmeta SET meta_value = REPLACE(meta_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);

UPDATE CRC_options SET option_value = REPLACE(option_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE CRC_postmeta SET meta_value = REPLACE(meta_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE CRC_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);
UPDATE CRC_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.com’);

Hi There,

I’ve just checked the database name, username, password and couldn’t connect to the database as well:

Could you please provide us with your cPanel account so we can take a closer look at the phpMyadmin?

Thank you.

Hi There,

It seems one user is used for one database only.

Could you please try creating a new user for the dxrwwnmy_crcstage database?

Let us know how it goes!

I got the stage setup but the site is not as it should be, all the other sites files are in the stuff folder. I will add the login info securely.