Elements page loads for a second then 404 :(

Hi There,

I’ve just checked the database name, username, password and couldn’t connect to the database as well:

Could you please provide us with your cPanel account so we can take a closer look at the phpMyadmin?

Thank you.

Hi There,

It seems one user is used for one database only.

Could you please try creating a new user for the dxrwwnmy_crcstage database?

Let us know how it goes!

I got the stage setup but the site is not as it should be, all the other sites files are in the stuff folder. I will add the login info securely.

Hi,

I checked and can see that your staging site is not the same as your original site.
It looks like a newly installed wordpress.

You can copy your original site to your staging site using this third party plugin

Thanks

This is in the works, sorry for the delay, a database that was in that site was not working so I had to fix it first, working on this migration but am worried, I tried this one time in the past and it did not work but anything is worth a try to get this fixed. Will update asap.

Hi @piccadillybooks

Thank you for updating the thread. We also have a migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) which you can follow along.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I have tried this 6 ways from sunday and my database seems to big to get any of these tools to work. I can get a copy of the db via BDManager in whm but then the manual hookup of the site crashes cornerstone every time. I found many of these issues the first time I migrated the site from the last owner but finally got it working on this host minus the second mail db that is on this site. That I had to fully rebuild to get to work the first time. :frowning: I saw my x theme came out with another update so I updated it but to my dismay the problem is still there. I am wondering if we can approach this a different way and make sure I have a good back up of the site enabling you can make changes, I am working on attaching the current site to a backup of the database so if you need to break the db you can. Any suggestions are welcomed and thank you again for all the help.

Hi There,

All the source files of your website is under /public_html/CRC2 directory.

So I went ahead change the .htaccess file to this:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /CRC2
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /CRC2/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Everything is working fine now.

Could you please check your website?

Cheers!

Thai,

Thanks for looking into this but I think the thread got too long and ya missed a step we took.

We updated and the cornerstone app stopped working I msged this board…

Then we tried a bunch of stuff with memory, permalinks, php and other plugins to no avail.

Then I was working on a stage siti but got a row of walls that is creating a ton of trouble… the wp migrate will not work with the db, tried to do a hand build of a stage site and that did not work so I was working on backing up the site so you could play…

Then Bluehost found an issue in my server that stoped me from creating a new BD so I am dead in the water.

I tried to mimic your changes to the active site as the one in the CRC2 folder is broken right now but it did not work, I did get a new error at the link in cornerstone so I think you may be on to something.

I adjusted the ftp you have to goto the CRC folder in stead of CRC2… CRC is the active live site.

Hi,

I tried all the ftp logins and it doesn’t seem to work anymore.

So I tried cpanel and checked CRC Folder and it’s empty.
I then tried editing CRC2 and it doesn’t seem taking effect which means your site is on another directory.
Can you please double check again and let us know.

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry about that it was going to “CRC” not “crc” ftp is fixed now.

Hi @piccadillybooks,

I’ve been checking this and I’m confused about what I should be checking, I’m lost from the long discussion. Should I check the live site or the staging? Because I can’t log in to staging admin, it says 404, and the login for staging doesn’t work for live site.

I also checked the crc folder and yes, it’s not empty with proper htaccess.

Thanks!

OK here is the recap…
I cannot get to the elements and other buttons in cornerstone. They flash up for a second then I get an error page.
I had just updated and many others had the same issue with the update and fixed the permalinks. That looks like it solved about 90% of the others like me but not me. :frowning:

I msgsd yuo and we adjusted ram, tried permalinks but that breaks more things, adjusted ram, updated WP, tried 3 versions of PHP, updated os on vps, to no avail and no one can fix it so they asked me to create a stage site but…

Tried wp-migrate walk through paid and free options, (Database Errors everytime)
Tried a manual site transfer, (Worked but the site was blank when we hooked it up)
Tried Cornerstone transfer (No love at all)
Now I broke something else on my bluehost and they are working on my vps, I cannot duplicate a database at the moment, so I was going to can try to hook the current site up to a backup database and backup the files via ftp so you can further troubleshoot.

Needless to say I am frustrated lol…
The Thai guy looked at the wrong site and fixed it but it was broken lol…
I would love any other options so I can help you help me…

Also applied the new cornerstone and xtheme updates yesterday with no change.

I just looked at the site and somehow I lost my header, I am currently working on that. :frowning:

Hi @piccadillybooks,

I see, may know which is the correct and wrong site? I myself isn’t really sure about that too as the staging is inaccessible from my end. So I’m not really sure what I should be checking.

Thanks!

The correct site is the crc folder on the host or the site at coconutresearchcenter.com
I am working on a stage site but not having luck in the crcr folder on the host.

The original issue is that the buttons stopped working in Cornerstone after an update.,

then I click Elements button and see this for a second…

then this

Hi @piccadillybooks

Sorry again, but I wasn’t referring to the correct folder. I like to know which site should I check, the coconutresearchcenter.com or the stage.coconutresearchcenter.com? Because I can’t really access the staging.

But I went ahead and fixed the issue on coconutresearchcenter.com bu removing /index.php from the permalink.

Thanks!

Again I think you may have missed a few steps, I understand this is a LONG thread…

OK so we tried the permalink thing like 100 times with no luck.It works now but if the update was in that change made it so I could not get to cornerstone at all.
I actually “fixed” it yesterday afternoon by undoing all the updates that were run and am working on a stage site to work on so my client is not mad this issue is taking weeks to fix.

I have the site started in the /RCR/ folder and it should be at stage.coconutresearchcenter.org but my query looks to be missing something as I keep getting redirected to the lave site.

This is the update query am trying.
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_options SET option_value = REPLACE(option_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_postmeta SET meta_value = REPLACE(meta_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_76prg1bn22_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);

UPDATE wp_tgxt_options SET option_value = REPLACE(option_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_postmeta SET meta_value = REPLACE(meta_value, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);
UPDATE wp_tgxt_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, ‘coconutresearchcenter.org’, ‘stage.coconutresearchcenter.org’);

Please keep this thread open :slight_smile:
Not fixed just duck taped for the moment…
I temporary fixed the error by rolling back the updates but need the updates done asap.

Hi @piccadillybooks,

Yes, I’m still a bit confused of the issue. And I was asking of which site should I check since I can’t access the staging (404). Plus, your screenshot shows the issue in your live site and it clearly shows it turns 404 when the elements section is clicked. So I just went ahead and fixed the permalink for the main site and it’s fixed (I tested multiple times and there is no more 404 upon clicking Elements). If it’s not the issue, then I’m requesting again more details and explanation about the issue and what its relation to those screenshots of the live site. Would be better if a video recording of the entire issue :slight_smile:

And you shouldn’t do that update query string, it will break any serialize data in your database. I recommend using All in one migration plugin to create a staging of your site, simply export your live site as a file using that plugin, then import it to another existing Wordpress installation (stage). Please check this https://wpshout.com/quick-guides/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Thanks!