Elements Not Rendering in Pro Builder

I just upgraded to the latest pro theme and now I elements are not showing on the page. They are just appearing as placeholders. I have toggled other plugins to see if there is a conflict and there is none. We are on the latest version of WP as well. Any insight in to what we should look out for to fix this is appreciated!

Hello Michael,

Thanks for posting in! Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions which is Pro 3.0.4?
This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you. Yes, we already did those things and we are up-to-date. This is an odd one. I will send credentials in a secure note. Thank you.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for updating in! I have checked your site and I am also seeing this:

Only the headline element will not display on my end. This could be a corrupted file or missing files. Can you please reinstall the Pro theme? You can get the latest copy of the theme from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard). To know how to reinstall or manual update the Pro theme, please check “Manual Updates” section in this article:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, yes. We did update the the theme, cleared the cache, to no effect. :frowning:

Hello Michael,

I have checked all your settings and it seems perfect. There one left to do here, can we test for a plugin conflict? May we have the permission to turn ON under construction mode and test for a plugin conflict? We would like to turn off the plugin one by one and find it out. If this does not work, we might also need to reinstall Pro theme. You might want to provide us your FTP credentials so that we can resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know what you think.

It appears we have a conflict with Membermouse. Turning it off fixed the issue. Unformatly, we can have it off since it the primary plugin we use. Would you have any idea, why MM would cause an issue for certain elements to no load in pro builder? Also, we have a fresh copy of pro on the site. Thank you!

Hi Michael,

Any plugin could cause conflict especially if they are loading scripts differently (non-standard) that affects the builder scripts as well. Some is due to outputting their own content through ajax which also affecting the ajax the builder is receiving. But, I can’t exactly tell the cause and it’s a 3rd party plugin which we’re not familiar. I recommend contacting the plugin author for more information.

Thanks!

Thank you, yes, we did that and the blaming game has started. Their solution is to try a different theme (not gonna happen as we only use Pro Theme or turn off Member Mouse which also cannot happen as we use for 1000+ users )

I think I will aim to unset Member Mouse plugin only for Pro pages. However, I seem not to be able to get a good read on the URL to use. Is there a path I should use? Here is what we were planning on using:

add_filter( 'option_active_plugins', 'fe_disable_membermouse_plugin' );
function fe_disable_views_plugin($plugins){
	 if(strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/pro/') !== false) {
         $key = array_search( 'membermouse/index.php' , $plugins );
         if ( false !== $key ) unset( $plugins[$key] );
      }
     return $plugins;
 }

Hey Michael,

You can try dequeuing resources of third-party plugins within Cornerstone preview using the sample given in the other thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wp-enqueue-style-only-in-front/66073/2

In another thread, we also have provided a way to check if Cornerstone has loaded. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/check-if-cornerstone-is-loaded/46602/4

Please just note that this requires custom development which is outside the scope of our product support. If the hooks given in the samples doesn’t help, you will need to hire a web developer to create a custom function for you.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thanks. In this example it global. However for the sake of not over doing, we would only dequeue on the pro builder pages. As such, is there a conditional within the theme we should use or can you suggest best practices on the url string to target?

Hi Michael,

Above filter should work just fine

There’s no official function within the theme for this. Per our developer:

Also, we don’t support any modifications to our backend. We want to preserve a consistent experience, and to date have not allowed plugin developers to modify anything. It’s possible to register custom content builder elements, and do any styling you need for them on the front end, but our application interface isn’t something we allow to be changed.

Yes, it is not exactly about your situation but it’s part of it.

Thank you!. Yes, the goal here is to only deregister a third-party plugin that is conflicting with Pro. We leave the pro builder part sacred. THANK YOU!!!

We created a function to has removed all css and scripts from pro pages. The only things being loaded are items related to wordpress or the theme/builder. We also re-uploaded the entire pro theme. While some elements have started to show others have not. However, we did notice something interesting. If we flag or toggle an option with an element (i.e., subt text in the headline element) the element does show.

Could this be a memory issue? Are there any other steps we can take?

Also, when creating adding a new element this always shows up albeit non-editable and disappears on save or refresh.

Also, if you are interested, this is the function - it works well. It is currently in the child themes function file.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts' , 'custom_scripts', 100 );
function custom_scripts(){
		//styles
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-jquery-css' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-main' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-buttons' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-font-awesome' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-main' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'membermouse-buttons' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-frontend' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-pro' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-global' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-animations' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-icons' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'wordfenceAJAXcss' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'sib-front-css' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'smile-info-bar-style' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'stcr-font-awesome' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'views-pagination-style' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'responsive-lightbox-fancybox' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'elementor-common' );

//scripts
        wp_dequeue_script( 'membermouse-socialLogin');
        wp_dequeue_script( 'membermouse-blockUI' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'membermouse-global' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'mm-common-core.js' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'mm-preview.js' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'elementor-common' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'wpcw-countdown' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'wpcw-jquery-form' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'wpcw-frontend' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'courses-filter' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'sib-front-js' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'responsive-lightbox-fancybox' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'responsive-lightbox' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'wordfenceAJAXjs' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'views-pagination-script' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'download-results-new-window' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'cp-module-main-js' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'smile-info-bar-script' );

}
 }
1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thank you for updating us. Yes, it might also possible that is memory related issue.
You may increase your allocated memory by adding this code in your wp-config.php (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935)

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may also check in with your hosting see that on server side memory is enough.

Hope this helps.

Memory is increased, all extraneous css and js is shunted. And what we can see id that some elements load and others do not. Those that do not load show up once an option is toggled.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I tested the page by opening the same in Cornerstone and then editing the page too. On my end all the elements are showing up fine even I customize the elements options. I request you to please clear browser cache and see how it goes.

In case on your end problem is still there, can you please let us know the elements on the page that’s having issue?

Thanks.

Thank you, yes, caches cleared, memory increased, we have troubleshot a lot. Headline is one element. Specifically thought when it is atop an image. Buttons, CTA and others do not show as well.

Hi Micheal,

I have decoded the Ajax responses and this is what I’ve got (please check secure note).

It’s seems the cause is still the member mouse and it’s intercepting the Ajax requests. The above fix that you have is only applicable for builder page, but not for AJAX requests. For that could you try changing this line

to this?

if( ( strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/pro/') || strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'cornerstone-endpoint') ) !== false ) {

Thanks!

Thanks for that. Are there perhaps any additional URI’s I should test for? That new conditional helped but not all the way.