Elements button takes me to another page

I just performed the latest update Pro 2.3.3 and it is great. Except when I am in the editor and click the elements button I am taken to a page addressed
https://mysite.com/content/14/elements/

Same thing happens when I click layout or inspector.

What could be the cause of this?

1 Like

The problem is evolving. Can’t be Third party plugin, I have already tested for that.
Any closer to a solution? I see a lot of other people dealing with this as well.

Now takes me to:

1 Like

Cannot correct this issue yet, went back to earlier version for now.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please create a clone staging setup and perform an update to the latest version, which is 2.3.4.
This latest release has addressed lots of known bugs.
After usefully update the staging site you can do the same thing to your live one.
If you still face the issue in staging setup, you can send us the login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Thanks

Same issues here. Tested for plugin conflict but to no avail.

1 Like

same here!!! pro 2.3.3 - does this go away with the new update to 2.3.4?

1 Like

nothing better with pro version 2.3.4 – getting a short look at the elements, then 404 error. same as @robsolidus with his behaviour like: https://mysite.com/content/14/elements/ which leads to nirvana.

1 Like

where do you see other people having this problem? did you find anything out?

1 Like

This is still faulty with 2.3.4

I saw similar problems within the forum. One suggestion was to perform the following steps- I did so with little success, but it worked for others.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here1. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  8. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

As my colleague @basanta suggested you to try updating on a staging server. If you have updated Pro Theme and issue is still there, please share website login details of staging or Live server in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hello @rglohre, Hello @pullober,

To avoid any confusion and slow response time, please create a new ticket and share the details in the same and someone from support team will assist you accordingly.

Thanks for understanding.

Hello @Robert,

Thanks for providing the information. I was able to logged in to your site and edited your homepage. I could not replicate the issue. I click the button element and I can see the button settings in the left side. Please see the image below:

Pro editor:

and Footer Editor:

Can you please clarify further which element or maybe send us some screenshots?

Thank you in advance.

In the editor the “Layout” " element" and “Inspector” tabs send me to 404

Hi Robert,

I reset your permalinks by navigating to Settings > Permalinks and clicking on Save changes.
That fixes the issue with tabs going to 404 page.

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

ok - it works again:
x/pro settings - i enabled hiding the acces path, saved then unchecked enabling and saved again.
then clearing cache
and updating permalinks

have a nice day

1 Like

Glad it’s working now.

Thank you, yes! We’re all good now.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.