Element Missing - Classic:Section

Hello friends,

Up till recently, I was using Cornerstone 2.0.5 . A few days ago, I decided to update it, and worked with it for a while.

As it turned out, there were some compatibility issues with my child theme, and I decided to return to 2.0.5 while I solve these issues.

The problem is: although (thankfully) the front-page of the site looks okay, whenever I try to edit with Cornerstone, I see a blank page, full of missing elements. When I click in any one of them, the message Element Missing - Classic:Section comes.

Is there any way that I can recover my content?

Thank you!

Hey @a,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi Alexander!

My apologies for the delay in my reply – I was expecting to get an email in my inbox when there was a reply, but it either didn’t come, or I missed it…

Here are the details you asked for

– Actually, sorry, but how do I mark these as private, before I post them? –

If you try to edit the homepage with Cornerstone, you will see what I’m talking about.

Thank you!

Hey @anandaindia,

You’re using incompatible version of X and Cornerstone. X and Cornerstone must be in their latest version. Please update to the latest versions. See our Changelog, Release Notes and follow our Update Guide

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

If you read my original post, I’m well aware that I’m using old versions of Conrerstone and X – the issue is that I had to use an older version because of compatibility problems with the child theme (until our team fixes those). The question was, simply: can something be done to restore the content and make it compatible with the older Cornerstone, or that is simply gone until I update?

Thank you.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is virtually impossible to do so. there are many factors and changes that need to be considered and changes to core files which indeed is not possible and outside of our support scope.

You will need to restore a backup of your website which used the old version of the Cornerstone and the theme that worked ok. And do the changes needed for the Child theme first and then update the theme and Cornerstone to the latest version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Fair enough. It was worth a shot, asking :slight_smile: Thank you for your kind answer.

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.