Element css

Hi,

Trying to style a list inside a text box but the css is also affecting my main navigation. Not sure I am understanding it correctly. This is what i have inside the custom element css:

$el.x-text ul, li { 
margin: .8em 0;
list-style: none; 
padding-left: 0;
text-indent: -1em;
}

$el.x-text li::before { 
color: #B4975A;
content: "\2022"; 
font-size: 1em;
padding-right: 1em; 
position: relative;
top: 0em;
}

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please have your code updated and use this:

$el ul, 
$el li { 
	margin: .8em 0;
	list-style: none; 
	text-indent: -1em;
}

$el li:before { 
	color: #B4975A;
	content: "\2022"; 
	font-size: 1em;
	padding-right: 1em; 
	position: relative;
	top: 0em;
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thank you this worked. I did simplify the css coding for the list as well to this:

$el ul, 
$el li { 
margin: .9em 0;
list-style-image: url('images/bullet_yellow.png');
margin-left: 0.5em; padding-left: 0;}
}

While this works for the element i started on, i also have it for another element with a bulleted list but it does not work for that one.

On another note, and I will start another thread if you need me to but I have noticed background images in my sections have stopped showing for some reason. I have not done anything to change this and when i view background type in the element it still shows the image that should be displayed.

EDIT: I searched after I wrote the background problem and its the same as this - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/background-images-not-showing-up-after-upgrade/37043/4

Thank you

Hi There,

Is that new list is inside Text element as well? If so, please update your code to this:

$el.x-text ul,
$el.x-text ul li {
	list-style-image: url('images/bullet_yellow.png');
	margin-left: 0.5em; padding-left: 0;}
}

We can not replicate the background-image issue on our end, please update your X and Cornerstone to the latest versions to avoid incompatibility issues.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Sorry but updating and clearing cache did not fix the problem

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

login details:

Hey @Vox,

Please give us the login URL also.

Thanks.

Lol sorry about that, probably useful:

joecampoli.com/wp-admin

Hi,

I went ahead and fix it by adding the full image url.

eg.

$el ul, 
$el li { 
	    list-style-image: url('http://www.joecampoli.com/images/bullet_yellow.png');
        margin-left: 0.5em; 
}

Kindly check on your end.

Thanks

Hey Paul, thank you but that wasn’t the issue. As RueNel was helping me with that, I had also mentioned of another problem. If you scroll up a bit, it is the same issue another user was having but I did not start another thread…

Background issues not appearing when setting paralax… https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/background-images-not-showing-up-after-upgrade/37043/4

Hey Vox,

I saved your home page as a template and loaded it to a test page and the issue does not happen there (see secure note). The difference is the test page does not have a slider so the issue is coming from the slider but I’m not sure where exactly in the slider. All I know is it’s related to z-index stacking and adding this CSS to your Global CSS fixed the issue.

.x-slider-container {
    z-index: 1;
}

Please note that this is a temporary solution or a hack. I’m not sure what side effects this will cause to the slider. I posted this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware and they might add an official fix in a future release.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for looking into this! It seems a recent update to the slider has rectified the issue. If it happens again I will try the css hack posted.

Hi Joe,

Glad that the update fixed the problem.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.