Editors cannot save changes Theme Options

Under X->Settings I’ve given the editors permissions like admins, but in the Theme Options when editors make changes to the header for instance, the changes are reflected in the preview pane and it says they are saved when the save button is clicked but on the frontend nothing has changed. And when you return to the editor the changes have reverted back to original values.
I’ve turned off all plugins and it does the same thing. I did notice in Chrome while watching the console that as admin when I save I can see it says Options saved with an update array with the changes but as an editor there is no array. Am I missing some file permissions somewhere or something?

Hi @FWCWebmaster,

Thanks for writing in!

As we don’t have access to your website, so we can’t confirm what exactly could be the issue.
We would like to suggest you a few troubleshooting steps to check if that helps!

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

I added a secure note with the log on credentials.

Hi There @FWCWebmaster

I have tested changing some header theme options and I was able to see the changes in frontend without any issues. For example I have disabled uppercase for header.

Here’s how it reflects in your frontend.

Then I have changed it back.

Since you’re using a caching plugin, you need to flush your server cache.

And also clear your browser cache to see the changes immediately.

Hope that helps.

Did you make the changes as the admin or as an editor? Admin has had no issue making these changes, it’s the editors that are experiencing the problem. In addition, I have flushed the server cache and the problem persists.

Hello @FWCWebmaster,

Please make sure that you have enabled the necessary permission for your editors.

And if you let your editors to edit the theme options, they are only allowed to change the custom JS and CSS. No changes to any of the options will be saved.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Aha, I see that makes sense. Is there a way to allow editors to make more changes to the theme options? Thank you to everyone for all your help!

Hello @FWCWebmaster,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As of now Editor role is only allowed to make changes in Theme Options JS and CSS.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.