Editing Portfolio Items

I am using the Agency demo and would like to edit the portfolio items that are shown on the Case Studies page. My first question is how do I change the title on the Case Studies page and the portfolio posts? Second question…How do I edit the content and add an image to the portfolio posts? When I edit the Portfolio posts in Cornerstone, I don’t see a way to change content.

I have used Cornerstone many times, but it seems confusing and different in the demos. Please help.

Hi Eutaw,

Thank you for writing in, to change a page or post title, on your admin dashboard navigate to Pages > All Pages or Portfolio if it is Portfolio post. Edit the desired page and then change the title and update it.

The Case Studies page is a special template named Layout - Portfolio (you can also see that on my screenshot above). Pages with a special template cannot be edited on Cornerstone or any content builder, because the purpose of that page is to populate your portfolio post automatically.

You can edit the Portfolio post on Cornerstone just like a page, however, you only have a small content area on the right side, because the left side of that portfolio posts is a reserve to the feature images.

Assigning a featured image to your pages/posts/portfolios

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thanks. Is there a way to link to Demo: Portfolio from the carousel images instead of Demo: Blog?

Hi There,

Did you mean to display the portfolio items on the post carousel?

In this case, you have to setup a child theme first:

After that copy this file x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos/_post-carousel.php from the parent theme to the child theme in the same directories(create them if they’re NOT existed), then replace all the code with the following code:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/_POST-CAROUSEL.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Outputs the post carousel that appears at the top of the masthead.
// =============================================================================

GLOBAL $post_carousel_entry_id;

$post_carousel_entry_id = get_the_ID();

$is_enabled = x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_enable' ) == '1';
$count      = x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_count' );
$display    = x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display' );

switch ( $display ) {
  case 'most-commented' :
    $args = array(
      'post_type'      => 'x-portfolio',
      'posts_per_page' => $count,
      'orderby'        => 'comment_count',
      'order'          => 'DESC'
    );
    break;
  case 'random' :
    $args = array(
      'orderby'        => 'rand'
    );
    break;
  case 'featured' :
    $args = array(
      'orderby'        => 'date',
      'meta_key'       => '_x_ethos_post_carousel_display',
      'meta_value'     => 'on'
    );
    break;
}

?>

<?php if ( $is_enabled ) : ?>

<?php $wp_query = new WP_Query( $args ); ?>

<?php if ( $wp_query->post_count > 0 ) : ?>

<ul class="x-post-carousel unstyled">

<?php if ( $wp_query->have_posts() ) : ?>
        <?php while ( $wp_query->have_posts() ) : $wp_query->the_post(); ?>

<li class="x-post-carousel-item">
            <?php x_ethos_entry_cover( 'post-carousel' ); ?>
          </li>

<?php endwhile; ?>
      <?php endif; ?>

<script>

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('.x-post-carousel').xSlick({
          speed          : 500,
          slide          : 'li',
          slidesToShow   : <?php echo x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display_count_extra_large' ); ?>,
          slidesToScroll : 1,
          rtl            : <?php echo json_encode( is_rtl() ); ?>,
          responsive     : [
            { breakpoint : 1500, settings : { speed : 500, slide : 'li', slidesToShow : <?php echo x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display_count_large' ); ?> } },
            { breakpoint : 1200, settings : { speed : 500, slide : 'li', slidesToShow : <?php echo x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display_count_medium' ); ?> } },
            { breakpoint : 979,  settings : { speed : 500, slide : 'li', slidesToShow : <?php echo x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display_count_small' ); ?> } },
            { breakpoint : 550,  settings : { speed : 500, slide : 'li', slidesToShow : <?php echo x_get_option( 'x_ethos_post_carousel_display_count_extra_small' ); ?> } }
          ]
        });
      });

</script>

</ul>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php wp_reset_query(); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.