Editing Main Blog

Hi,

I want to make some edits to the default blog page (currently using integrity stack in Pro).

• I want to make the featured image spready 100% across the full width, but with a master height of about 600px then object cover center.

• Create a coloured overlay of that image with some transparency so the image shows.

• Finally, moving the page title over the bottom half of the featured image.

Is this possible? would I need to edit a master file or can I do it with CSS alone?

Or I suppose I can do that via Pro / Cornerstone manually with each blog to give me greater control. Is there a way to turn off the featured image and page title on individual blog pages where I want to get more creative with a blog page?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

the requested customization needs custom development. Unfortunately, those options are not available in pro.
I would suggest you to please take help from a developer to do that with the pro-child theme.

You can check this article to get started on the custom Blog template.

Thanks for understanding!

Thank you, that’s quite helpful in being able to create different theme layout for the blog pages, I understand the process in that instruction page.

But I am getting stuck at the very final part…

Right now your template is essentially empty so selecting it will simply display a white screen. 
Let’s fix this. 
The easiest way to do that is by copying the code from your theme’s single.php file and use it as a starting point. 
Open the single.php file and then copy everything after the get_header() line. 

I cant find a single php in your theme folders, but I can find the various template files, but all they have in them is code such as…

x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'template', 'layout-full-width' );

or

x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'template', 'blank-1' );

But what I can’t do is find the actual code for those various templates so I can add to my newly created template page.

Hi There,

X template system is different than general WordPress theme structure. Please follow our customization best practices guide to understand it better (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205).

For example, page title can be located in the following file.
{xORpro}framework/views/ethos/_content-post-header.php

Featured image can be located here:
{xORpro}framework/views/ethos/content.php

The following line of code denotes that it will be executed in single posts.
<?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>

If you require further customization assistance, I would suggest you to contact a developer.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help guys.

I actually got myself all muddled with this, when actually the easiest and simple thing to do was create a post type which removes the featured image and page title/meta from the page. I can then style the post pages however I want using Pro and with the meta shortcode you have already helped me create.

One slight issue. which I think is Pro theme related is I have a small gap between the breadcrumb in the header and the page content. I have created a test page to illustrate (i.e. above the orange row)

Actually it’s this CSS

.entry-content {
    margin-top: 1.25em;
}

Is that just used on the blog/post pages? If so I can CSS that out, but is that used with ‘pages’ too?

Hi,

Yes, it is also being used in pages. To make it affect only your blog and post, please change your code to this.

.blog  .entry-content,
.single-post .entry-content  {
    margin-top: 1.25em;
}

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.