Editing duplicate hidden H1 tagw

Hello, I’ve been trying to change/edit the H1 on my pages (the “visually-hidden” ones"). I’ve followed a few threads but am stuck.

I’ve been told to:

"Please copy _brand.php located in wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\global to the same directory in your child theme wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\global. Open the copied file and delete the line

<?php echo '

' . $site_name . '

'; ?>"

Problem is, l don’t seem to have these files in my child theme file structure. All I have under my Child Theme is a functions PHP file and Style.css. Do I need to copy over the entire framework/views/global file from the main theme? Confused and just need access to the H1. Thanks!

Hi @peakdigital,

Thanks for writing in.

You do not need to copy all of the file. All you need to do is to follow the path where the file is located. The brand.php is not located to this file path.

x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global

For more details on how to setup or use child theme, you can check the link below.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you. Am I even going down the right path here? I just want to be able to edit the H1 in my pages and it seems to be a very complex task. Is there a more simplified way - with detailed steps - on how I can specifically do this?? Thanks.

Hello @peakdigital,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

1. First, you need to copy _brand.php file from /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/.
  2. Next, paste the file you copied into /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/.
  3. Please note that you will have to create folders in the same order inside child theme.
  4. Delete following line of code that’s placed in line number 16:
    <?php echo '<h1 class="visually-hidden">' . $site_name . '</h1>'; ?>

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hey, It seemed to work - hidden H1’s gone form the site! THANK YOU for detailing the steps for me, I really appreciate it and will let you know if I have any other issues. Cheers!

1 Like

Glad to hear that. Should you face any issues, please get back to us by creating a new ticket. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.