Edit with cornerstone / pro

Hello, I have a couple of websites with X and one (in development) with Pro.

It used to be that I could open a page/post and click tab for Cornerstone/Pro and then click edit with Cornerstone/Pro. Now, however, when clicking on this is just reverts to the Visual text editor. Why? The only way to access/edit content now with Cornerstone/Pro appears to be to go to Content dashboard and open page from there.

What’s happened to the other option?

Hi There @kjdenny

Thanks for writing in! You referring to the below option right ?

First head over to X/Pro -> Permissions -> General area and make sure that you have set permission for the relevant WordPress users to edit pages and posts.

If you can edit from other method, most probably you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test this issue again. If the issue resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causes the issue.

Also if you have any custom JavaScrpt added to the site, try removing them temporarily and test.

Hope that helps.

Hello, Yes, that is the page exactly. Everything is enabled under configuration. I deactivated ALL plugins, but I still have the same problem: when I click on the “edit with cornerstone” button, it just returns me to the visual editor screen. But if I go to “Pro — Content” which takes me to the list of existing pages in the Pro Dashboard, and click on one of the pages there, then it opens in Pro/Cornerstone.

Hi there,

We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If the issue persists, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That fixed the problem. Have reactivated all the plugins and no conflicts, with Pro now working as it should.

Glad to hear that Pro is working fine now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.