Edit with cornerstone not working?

Hi. I am trying to edit a page that was created with Cornerstone but for some reason when I go to Edit with Cornerstone it now looks like this:

It has been like this for a few days.

Today I updated the plugin and everything else on my site is up to date, but that didn’t fix the issue.

Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for writing in, your current X (6.0.4) is not compatible with your current Cornerstone (3.1.4), please update both to the latest version X 6.1.5, Cornerstone 3.1.5

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

You can read the changes on the changelog page (https://theme.co/changelog/)

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for the help. I have updated everything on my site and cleared the caches. I still have the same problem.

I have even gone one by one disabling EVERY plugin thinking there might now be a conflict with the updates, but that didn’t help either.

Any other thoughts?

1 Like

There is a lot of people with this issue, how come you don’t give us a solution ?

2 Likes

I have the same problem many days.

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue. I can edit PAGEs with Cornerstone, but I can’t edit POSTs. There’s no “edit with Cornerstone” tab on the edit page, only the “visual” and “text” tabs.

Hi There @rpcv

Please provide us with your login credentials in a secure note, so that we can investigate your issue.

@thecelinette , @CHIU , @bluelefant

Please open up separate threads with regard to your issues, then provide us with your login credentials in a secure note, so that our staff can assist you accordingly.

I will list some of the most common issues.

1. Make sure that you’re using the latest version of X/Pro theme, Cornerstone plugin and WordPress core. Check our changelog to get more information (https://theme.co/changelog/)

2. PHP incompatibility issue: If you’re using a PHP version older than 5.6, we recommend to update it to at least v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues.

3. PHP memory related issue: Follow our guidelines on how to update your PHP memory limit (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935)

4. Make sure to clear style cache under X -> Settings or Pro -> Settings section (see bottom of the page).

5. If you’re using a service like CloudFlare, you need to clear it’s cache as well. If you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge your server cache.

Thanks!

1 Like

I was having the same problem where it looked like it wasn’t loading Cornerstone styles and was just the text after updating the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin to the latest versions. I updated WordPress to WordPress 4.9.6 and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.