"Edit with Cornerstone" link not working with posts after X theme update

After the most recent X theme update, I have been experiencing issues with the “Edit with Cornerstone” link not working whenever I create a post. I only have issues with it when I am creating a new post. The link on existing posts works fine. Whenever I click the link, the screen just refreshes and nothing happens. It doesn’t open up Cornerstone. If I go back to the main Wordpress menu and then locate the post and click it again, then it works. I suppose this could possibly be a browser issue, but I’ve never had this issue before the update. I am using Google Chrome.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

Try to clear plugin cache, browser cache and system’s cache. If you have cdn try to clear cdn cache as well.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the theme and plugins as well.

Thanks

Thank you for the response and the info. I tried clearing out all of my different caches and I’m still getting the same result. I even tried using a different browser and it did the same exact thing. One thing I forgot to mention was a popup that comes up when I click the “Edit with Cornerstone” link. I don’t know if this makes much of a difference, but I get the popup that says “Leave site? Changes you made may not be saved.” I click “Leave” and the page refreshes and puts me right back to where I was when I was trying to make the post.

Hi @kik4adog,

The message did not give much more information about the possible problem. I suggest that you to folllow the steps below:

1. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.