"Edit With Cornerstone" Link - not showing up

SO when I login on my computer I can see EDIT WITH CORNERTSTONE both on the menu bar and in the page listing - but when my client logs in she does not see the EDIT WITH CORNERSTONE anywhere.

This is on both mac and PC.

Any advice

Hi There,

Since you can see it, it might be browser addons. But then you said, it happens both on Mac and PC. Can you tell them to inspect element, go to Console tab and check for any errors? Then also share your site URL and credentials on a secure note so we can investigate too.

How do i post a secure note? Also - even though I have a license for this site and it is registered on APEX - i cant get the API to validate - it keeps giving me a connection error

Thank You!

Hi,

Can you let them send screenshots so we can see how it looks like on their end.

Please let them know that on pages list, they need to hover for it to show.

They can also see it when they edit a page

and when viewing the page while logged in.

Thanks I sent them this link to check - Meanwhile - can you help me validate? I bought a license but KEEP getting a connection error - nothing i do seems to help

Could not establish connection. For assistance, please start by reviewing our article on troubleshooting connection issues.

Hi there,

Please follow up the troubleshooting guide here:

As you see in the article along the way you may need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to whitelist our server URL. All the info is in the article already.

Thank you.

Hi - I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy - everything is configured correctly - I have validated other licenses with GoDaddy so I am not sure what the problem is,

I am trying to update as well since my client who wants to manage their site is NOT seeing the EDIT WITH CORNERSTONE link anywhere

FYI - this is what they see - https://imgur.com/a/GoOwk

Hi,

1. Can you provide us your Purchase code in Secure Note so we can test it and check what is causing the issue.

Please also note that you can always update manually using FTP

See MANUAL UPDATES SECTION on the link below.

1. That’s weird, I checked in two computers and on three different browsers, the link Edit with Cornerstone always appears.

Can you ask what browser are they using and if they can provide us a screen video recording.

Thanks

Sure thanks

Hi There,

Upon checking your issue further, I see that you’re using an older version of X theme (4.1.0) and Cornerstone plugin (1.0.1). Which is the reason that you cannot validate your license.

Delete your Cornerstone plugin and then download the latest version of X theme from your Envato account. Once you install the latest version, you should be able to validate your site.

Hope that helps.

ok doing this now but it seriously broke the site -

ok now the site magically became unbroken - wheras a few moments earlier it showed code on the screen (i guess the cache refreshed and now its using new code and all is OK?)

I do not see EDIT WITH CORNERSTONE in the black menu bar on top -

i do see EDIT WITH CORNERSTONE - where the pages are listed but it does not let me edit - i just see the logo and cant get into content - in the secure note is a video showing the issue

Thank You!

Hello There,

The “Edit in Cornerstone” in the admin bar were move in X.

And because of the GoDaddy cache, your site were magically broken and corrected right after the updates. You can always flush the cache here:

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I still have the major issue that cornerstone is not working - the logo pulses and then remains - I am unable to edit the page. (i posted a video of this in a prior secure message)

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and it turns out that you are experiencing PHP memory limit exhaustion. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thanks - adjusted memory limit and works fine. Also after update client may be able to see EDIT with cornerstone link as well - (have to check on exact status).

Thank You

We are delighted to assist you with this. Let us know if you need further assistance with X/Cornerstone.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.